PDA

View Full Version : New CC BEC on 6s Trex 600. Any thoughts?

Pages : 1 [2]

Pinecone
10-21-2007, 03:26 PM
For larger cell counts, if you are running multiple packs you can run the CC BEC off of up to 6S single pack while the ESC draws off of the entire setup. CC has a diagram to make sure you get it right in that the overall negative and the BEC negative have to come from the same pack.

I wonder if you could get by with running the CC BEC off the balance plug?

kgfly
10-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I would think so as long as you use only the outer taps. After all, the power from the BEC is pumped through a single servo lead and balance tap leads are usually at least the same gauge as servo leads.

xStatiCa
10-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I would worry about wear and tear on the balance tap connector. My 205v balancer has problems now because of all the times it has been plugged and unplugged. Plugging the CC BEC into the tap connection would double the amount of wear and tear on the connector assuming you balance every charge. I personally would rather put connectors off the main ESC battery connector that way you only have to connect it once.

Anubis328
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
For larger cell counts, if you are running multiple packs you can run the CC BEC off of up to 6S single pack while the ESC draws off of the entire setup. CC has a diagram to make sure you get it right in that the overall negative and the BEC negative have to come from the same pack.

The diagram on CC's site shows how to hook up the BEC when going beyond 6s. It is supposed to handle a 6s pack with no problems. From what I've read, it's having trouble. I'll be sticking with the extra weight of a seperate 2 cell for now.

JonMann
10-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I've also had trouble getting my CC BEC to work with a Futaba G3 reciever. CC BEC works with my other Futaba receivers, the G# receiver works fine with the Align BEC, KoolFlight BEC and a obviously a regular recevier pack, but the CC BEC + G3 combo does not work. No response from CC yet.

Pinecone
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
OK, I called Castle today about my DOA BEC. They are shipping a replacement TODAY, with a prepaid mailer to senf the DOA one back.

I asked about problems, and the tech said he hadn't heard of significant problems, but that he would pass the info on.

So, if you have a bad one, CALL THEM so they know.

But at this point, I happy with their customer service.

xStatiCa
10-23-2007, 09:18 PM
OK, I called Castle today about my DOA BEC. They are shipping a replacement TODAY, with a prepaid mailer to senf the DOA one back.
My concern is not a DOA... mine is possibly frying my DS8717 servos like someone else had happen. I doubt they would pay for replacements if that happened. Mine is still in the package. Justified or not I am still scared to use it because of that one incident. I just keep saying to myself that the 2s rx lipo is working just fine... why take a chance just to free up some weight that might or might not make a difference in my flight experience. The longer I wait though the closer the end of warranty will sneak up on me. I can't decide what to do with this thing :).

Pinecone
10-24-2007, 08:26 AM
I mentioned that incident to them. That person should call Castle and start working with them.

They are known for good customer support, but I hear you. :)

JonMann
10-25-2007, 09:01 AM
The problem with the Futaba G3 receiver is same as with Spektrum, removed the signal wire from BEC to Receiver and everything worked fine. Why they have that wire there and with any eletrical signal on it is not very wise.

Flybar-less
11-08-2007, 01:34 AM
The CC Bec that burned was sent back several weelks ago, no word on that one. I have had 3 more, with the signal wire removed running on 2S or 3S that would oscillate on and off in about 1.5 second cycles. It seems they need to work some things out.

JR was nice and replaced the 3 8717s.

I am now using, troublefree, a 6 amp 6 volt Ultimate BEC wired into the CC HV85 leads.

bullaculla
11-08-2007, 01:47 AM
The way I install extrenal BECs is to wire in a Micro Deans. That way I can disconnect the external BEC and power it off a small lipo pack with not worry about the motor spooling up.

Me too!
http://photos.imageevent.com/bullaculla1/heli/websize/210.jpg

when on the bench, I just run it off a small 3s lipo. Also, I made a bunch of covers for the micro deans. I dont like that pin sticking out.

...but i'm using the medusa :P

xStatiCa
11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
The CC Bec that burned was sent back several weelks ago, no word on that one.
Keep us informed. I really want to know what CC think of your burned BEC.