PDA

View Full Version : multiwii pro board

iceman320
01-19-2013, 10:53 PM
hi guys I have been looking at the multiwii pro fc board and I wanted to knwo if anybody knows if i has the rth fuction or any of the features that the dji naza unit has?thanks in advance for the help guys.

AcroFPV
01-20-2013, 02:44 AM
I have one and have been setting it up for the past 40 or so days. I switched frames so that set me back, and last week I had a motor failure that caused a crash that set me back.

Anyhow, i have not yet tried to setup RTH. I am still getting simple things like CareFree mode & altitude hold to work. Altitude hold is okay, but you have to sheild the baro on the board and you have to tune PID settings. something the NAZA does on its own.

iceman320
01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
So probably better off to buy the naza to start with then?

AcroFPV
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Depends on your level of expertise and patience.

I have a friend with a cruis all in one pro running MW2.1 and his RTH & Loiter work just fine. However they operate different than the NAZA.

If you just want to plug a couple cables in, and click a few mouse buttons then go fly... get yourself a NAZA.

AcroFPV
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
I bought my board because I wanted the 433mhz 3DR Telemetry. Naza has nothing like it, and their OSD b.s. is $150 or something while an OSD for my board is $18.

iceman320
01-20-2013, 02:09 PM
how do you set up the multiwii boards? is the flashing program better than the kk flash tool?

AcroFPV
01-20-2013, 02:11 PM
The board has a Micro USB port directly on it. You install some drivers and connect it to your PC and do everything via the PC.

Adjusting P I D is done via the windows GUI.

Here's a video I made that shows how to flash MultiWii & connect to the GUI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDiCVcuKwos

The 2.0 Pro boards also support MegaPirateNG firmware which is a port of ArduCopter and is pretty powerful.

You can see my USB port on the board in this pic, i am using an extension that converts the micro-usb to a mini-usb to make it easier to access and gives me the abillity to use the same USB cable everything else does.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yhgTWk4dR6I/UOvUJ0IAyXI/AAAAAAAAMKg/1uaJrl9MHD4/s640/20130107_174902.jpg

iceman320
01-20-2013, 03:27 PM
cool. doesn't look as bad to install the software as the kk flash tool is ti use. but I guess I better go with the naza unit as I have already ordered a new radio system that has failsafe to be able to use the naza controller.

AcroFPV
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
This fc has failsafe triggers too.

But its gonna take you a week or so, maybe longer to set everything up.

iceman320
01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
oh wow, i think that i would just like to be able to set up the controller in a day and then not have to worry about it any more unless I start to have problems with it.

AcroFPV
01-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Thats cool. I enjoy having options, and open source projects :)

like tonight I just removed MultiWii and loaded MegaPirate. Tomorrow I will test Return to Home and Loiter, as right now it seems to get 8 satelites in my office & the map looks like its pretty locked on position :)

Here is some video of my board flying with an older version of MegaPirate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ligvzw-U-dw

That was with v2.7 and now they are working 2.9

But yeah if that kind of thing doesn't get you off... just stick with DJI I know alot of people who fly with them and they all fly very good. Pretty much unbeatable in performance... I just cannot get over the price.

iceman320
01-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes the naza is very expensive. But if you want to play you gotta pay i guess.