PDA

View Full Version : Out of Phase.

Shem
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
When I stick in a 1.5mm hex driver through the empty hole of the swashplate into the ball of the swash link, the flybar is not parrallel with the tail boom. Why is this? Do any of you have this problem? Whats the cause?

This problem looks like the phasing is delayed.

KenChoo
04-21-2005, 09:02 PM
I gotta check this out too Shem...will let you know results asap. Is Boon experiencing this too?

I noticed after about 30 flights with my Tempest the washout/swash has developed some play (i.e. I can wiggle the flybar paddles a little with the swash held still). This seems normal though, as I've noticed this on Boon's too.

Ken

Shem
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Ken,

The play is quite normal. You cant expect 0% tolerance even if its a MA :lol:

Yup it on Boon's as well. Was there at his shop till 2am last night trying to figure it out.

KenChoo
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi Shem,

Hey, wanna know a funny thing? On my Raptor 50 there was no play in the flybar/washout after 80 over flights. Not bad, Thunder Tiger. (But that doesn't mean I wanna trade back :wink: )

2am?! golly you guys are nuts.. at 2am I was flying in my dreams...the only place where I CAN fly piroflips. HA ha!

Ken

Shem
04-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Ken,

When you have slop on a Rappy, its cheap slop. But When you have the same kind of slop on your MA Fury Tempest, its slop with CLASS. :wink: