PDA

View Full Version : No more flameouts!

Greg Alderman
04-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Well, some of you know that I had been plagued with flameouts on my Wren 54 Powered Zealous II. I could manifest a flameout by just doing a couple of pirouettes and then stopping abruptly. More than once I had the pleasure of coming out of a banked turn seeing the tattle tail puff of blue smoke and the gosh awful silence of a flameout, which in turn, gave me the pleasure of auto’ing a 24lb bird… :wow2:

Anyway, following a recommendation from Sara and Roger at Wren I removed the BVM UAT and the JetCat filter I had installed in the fuel system…and the flameouts have gone away! I have now 10 flights without a flameout and am starting to get my confidence back that I can take her out in fwd flight with out ending my flight with a forced auto!

Just want to say thanks to Sara and Roger at Wren for their help flushing out these flameouts… :clappp You guys are the best!

Now…time to get hot on getting the Zealous into the Long Ranger fuse that has been sitting in my loft since around Christmas! :hammer

WillJames
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted out Greg!!!

I bet it is a HUGE relief!!