PDA

View Full Version : Which Radio to pick

Pages : 1 [2]

lowflyer101
01-18-2008, 06:34 PM
DX7 = greatest tx for the money :)

How do you start the time on the DX7??

INCREASE / ADJUST buttons will start time. you need enable time feature in TX first
BTW, most pilots i knew in the area using external timer with fat lcd and louds buzzzzzzzzzz sound. no matter what tx they are using dx7 or 9303

HeliHulk
01-18-2008, 06:43 PM
DX7 = greatest tx for the money :)

INCREASE / ADJUST buttons will start time. you need enable time feature in TX first
BTW, most pilots i knew in the area using external timer with fat lcd and louds buzzzzzzzzzz sound. no matter what tx they are using dx7 or 9303

Can you point me to a fat LCD and loud buzzz timer please???

catfight
01-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I use a kitchen timer - about $10 from Wallyworld. Has LCD display and a nice large start/stop button.

LJS
01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi All,

Another timer is just something else to carry out to the soccer fields where I fly my electrics. And I've usually got my hands full when I'm walking out to go flying. I've got a heli, the transmitter around my neck, and two extra battery packs. I can't carry anything else.

My hearing is not the best, but the DX7 timer is very audible. You set it up ahead of time in the menu. Then you can reset it with the clear button and start it with the adjust button. You can also stop it with the adjust button and restart it again with the adjust button.

So it does everything you need if you can just remember to hit the buttons when you use throttle hold. I'd pay a lot for a timer integrated with throttle hold, but I don't want to carry another timer. So for the time being, I'm stuck with the DX7 timer.

Keep 'em flying.:lol:
LJS

SFACV
01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi All,

Another timer is just something else to carry out to the soccer fields where I fly my electrics. And I've usually got my hands full when I'm walking out to go flying. I've got a heli, the transmitter around my neck, and two extra battery packs. I can't carry anything else.

My hearing is not the best, but the DX7 timer is very audible. You set it up ahead of time in the menu. Then you can reset it with the clear button and start it with the adjust button. You can also stop it with the adjust button and restart it again with the adjust button.

So it does everything you need if you can just remember to hit the buttons when you use throttle hold. I'd pay a lot for a timer integrated with throttle hold, but I don't want to carry another timer. So for the time being, I'm stuck with the DX7 timer.

LJS

Couldn't agree more.

OverTemp
01-20-2008, 08:49 AM
This seems counter intuitive, but I think heli requirements are far simpler than airplane requirements. I fly IMAC, and our planes have all sorts of mixes and conditions on them to make them fly right. With helis, I basicall have a normal condition and 2 stunt conditions and this is alll that is needed. The big thing a good heli radio needs is excellent CCPM mixing, and the DX7 seems to have that. If you are using any other mixes on a heli you are probably doing something wrong.

Cheers

ghtracey
01-20-2008, 12:48 PM
This seems counter intuitive, but I think heli requirements are far simpler than airplane requirements. I fly IMAC, and our planes have all sorts of mixes and conditions on them to make them fly right. With helis, I basicall have a normal condition and 2 stunt conditions and this is alll that is needed. The big thing a good heli radio needs is excellent CCPM mixing, and the DX7 seems to have that. If you are using any other mixes on a heli you are probably doing something wrong.

Cheers

Not quite... there's aileron:throttle elevator: throttle and rudder:throttle to counteract loss of torque due to cyclic and rudder inputs. There's pitch:aileron to correct full pitch climbout roll, and many other mixes you can use to correct flight characteristics, just like in an airplane.

yugcyy
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey guys how about the Futab T7C ? anyone use one?

HeliHulk
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I want to thank everyone for help me out and thank you..

LJS
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Hulk,

Does that mean you bought one? Let us know what you ended up with for your whole setup.

LJS

HeliHulk
01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Yea I got the DX7... I would like to setup it o my new sim Phoenix is this hard or the program will tell what to do?????

LJS
01-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi Hulk,

It's pretty easy. Install the software by loading the disc(s). While you're waiting for it to load, set up the transmitter.

First set up a new heli called Phoenix in the radio. Hold down the down and select buttons while turning the radio on. Use the up button to scroll until you get to MODEL NAME." Use the select and increase/decrease buttons to enter the name Phoenix. Use the up button to scroll through selections again. When you get to "Type Select", use the increase/decrease buttons to select "HELI." Use up to continue scrolling. When you get to "SWASH TYPE," select "1 SERVO NORM." You're done with transmitter setup. Click down and select to get out of the background menu. Then turn the transmitter off.

Now for the sim. Plug the sim into the DSC jack on the back of the transmitter. You are asked to select a controller. I selected the JR X3810 control set. Then it's just a matter of calibrating your transmitter by following the instructions.

If all went well, you're ready to fly. Congratulations. You've purchased a great radio and a great sim. You are definitely well on your way to success. Don't forget to go to the Phoenix website to download the free upgrades, sceneries, and models.

LJS