PDA

View Full Version : T12FG - Filesystem on SD CARD

MariusArgona
02-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for any information concerning the file system used by Futaba with the T12FG. This file is created by the TX to store the models on the SD Card. Apparently they decided to use an intermediate file (kind of container) from which they access all the models contained on the external memory. Probably that they use that way of proceeding for a performance reason.

The T14MZ and T12Z seem to save directly the models on the SD without any intermediate container. That's why you can see them directly from a PC card reader. On a T12FG, you only find one file (TINYFS.IMG) that takes all the sd memory space. You can of course export and import with a tool from futaba. This tool is unfortunatly very limited (you can't even order the model by name).

My goal is a long term develop a small application that should give facilities in the management of your models on the SD card.

Any information that could help me or any person (with programming background) who wants to join me in my quest is also welcome :)

Thanks.

ClayK
02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
.img is an image file. Have you tried opening it on a Mac or in an image reader??

hornet dave
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
I think they did it so that us users would not be able to access the test/calibration functions of the xmitter. The aileron pot on mine isn't quite calibrated correctly but not bad enough to want to return it to hobby services and lose it for the week or month or however long it takes.

MariusArgona
02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
No this is a not known file format. It seems to be proprietary.

I continue my investigation...

ClayK
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
.img is an image file. Have you tried opening it on a Mac or in an image reader??

No this is a not known file format. It seems to be proprietary.

I continue my investigation...

Windows cannot open IMG files?
If Windows cannot open IMG you may not have the appropriate program installed or have a registry related error. We strongly recommend you run a free registry scan
Appropriate Program:
The .IMG file extension is associated with image files of various forms of disk and storage media. which can be used to burn image or mount using a virtual CD device.. Incorrect associations are the cause of many file extension errors. Scan your system to prevent and identify association errors.

Try using a Mac or a Linux box.....

MariusArgona
02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I never rely on the file extension.

I analyzed the file header (with an hex editor) and i continue to believe that it is a proprietary format.

At the beginning i suspected that it was related to the following format:

http://www.vitanuova.com/inferno/man/3/tinyfs.html

but it wasn't. I tried to open the file with several wellknown image tools, but there again it failed.

Reversing is maybe the key.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions.