Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Esky Belt CP Owner Thread

I just ordered my Belt CP. I got the RTF kit for $205 shipped.
yongary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking of buying a Belt CP but Im just wondering if I am taking on more Helicopter then I should. Im currently flying a Lama V3.
Tragedy Trousers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The Belt CP isn't a bad choice at all for your first CP heli. It is a lot more docile than a lot of the other heli's out there. That being said I would still invest in a simulator first, co-axial to collective pitch is definitely a step in the right direction, but they are very different beasts to control.

Hurriken
Hurriken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info, I just jumped right in with the Lama with no Sim time since Ive flown RC Planes quite a few years ago before getting into Rotary Wing. I was toying with the idea of buying a Honey Bee FP but I want something bigger to handle the wind better and am anxious to try collective pitch. My Lama just cant handle 10 to 15 mph winds very well.
Tragedy Trousers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

how is the belt CP compared to the king V2?
teeson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Its more durable, and comes with brushless setup and a little larger.

Flys great, even better when you put on the CNC Stuff... I'll get a couple pictures up, waiting on my airwolf fuse to get here.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have just bought a belt cp kit wow! how stable,it has totally impressed me I only bought it to use while I sorted my sjm 325 out wished I had of bought a carbon version of the belt now instead.
neo187i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default 1st Crash

I had my first crash today. It was only my tenth flight since i got the belt cp. Which is also my first heli ever.

I was surprised to see how well it came out. Only some minor damage to the blades. and a little bit of a vibration which i think is due to the blade damage.

I have found that i get about 7 or 8 minutes out of the rtf 3 cell bat. But after 2 mins of flying it loses about 10 to 15% power. Has anyone else experienced this? It is actually the reason i crashed I had a nice relativly stable (remember that it was only my tenth flight ever) hover going when it lost power and i couldnt correct the pitch fast enough so the blades hit the ground first.

Other than that it is an awesome kit.
Nism0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo187i View Post
i have just bought a belt cp kit wow! how stable,it has totally impressed me I only bought it to use while I sorted my sjm 325 out wished I had of bought a carbon version of the belt now instead.
Don't blow your money on a carbon version. It won't make it fly any better... You made the right decision.
Guidance by Futaba 14MZ Heli 2.4 GHz ......FUTABA-- Always Imitated, Never Duplicated
sleddog7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt cp

This Belt is the first real Heli I have owned other than little havoc helis and It has really imprest me, had first crash last week but still working on hovering and also upgraded blades to325mm e-flight ones
mustbfst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
cdr

I recently purchased a Belt CP and have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. This thing flies pretty well and I'm having fun.
cdr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nism0 View Post
I had my first crash today. It was only my tenth flight since i got the belt cp. Which is also my first heli ever.

I was surprised to see how well it came out. Only some minor damage to the blades. and a little bit of a vibration which i think is due to the blade damage.

I have found that i get about 7 or 8 minutes out of the rtf 3 cell bat. But after 2 mins of flying it loses about 10 to 15% power. Has anyone else experienced this? It is actually the reason i crashed I had a nice relativly stable (remember that it was only my tenth flight ever) hover going when it lost power and i couldnt correct the pitch fast enough so the blades hit the ground first.

Other than that it is an awesome kit.
i tink u shud cx ur shafts too....u will never know
niteflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr View Post
I recently purchased a Belt CP and have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. This thing flies pretty well and I'm having fun.
how long did u get on ur flight time??
Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hi everyone. I'm new to helifreak and heli's. Been hovering for about 5 months and am waiting for some good weather so I can get outside and fly.

I have just completed a barebones build BCP, flown twice in the garage, and I have just received a RTF BCP thats still in the box which I will use after I bust my other one all to pieces.

Just wondering how to find the set up video's I've heard about at helifreak?

Thanks, dirt
eatmydirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got my Belt CP sat, for 199 shipped. ha ha !! lol. Well this is my first heli, and i just charged the battery but i want to read as much as i can about it, before i go off and fly it.
CodeB4U is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeB4U View Post
I just got my Belt CP sat, for 199 shipped. ha ha !! lol. Well this is my first heli, and i just charged the battery but i want to read as much as i can about it, before i go off and fly it.
I'd like to know how that turned out? I could make some suggestions if you'd like to hear them.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydirt View Post
I'd like to know how that turned out? I could make some suggestions if you'd like to hear them.
Sure thats what im here for. To take advice from others. Even if it's good or bad.

But i got two hovers in, one good, the other was not so good (wind and a improper set up in the heli) that was fun. To me fun is close calls/"just got lucky on that one"

I need to get to work and set up the heli and get everything centered up. I bought 200 worth of stuff today from the LHS, Ball link pliers, Balancer, Pitch Gauge, Align aluminum carry case, blades....because I'll eventually crash it, Main blade holder....little stuff like that.

Im already going crazy on the heli stuff (3 days with my belt and i got 4 hundred bucks into the hobby..and going again tomarrow to the LHS...now i know why my wife was mad at me today)

Guess I'll stop here, I'm talking to much.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sure thats what im here for. To take advice from others. Even if it's good or bad.

But i got two hovers in, one good, the other was not so good (wind and a improper set up in the heli) that was fun. To me fun is close calls/"just got lucky on that one"

I need to get to work and set up the heli and get everything centered up. I bought 200 worth of stuff today from the LHS, Ball link pliers, Balancer, Pitch Gauge, Align aluminum carry case, blades....because I'll eventually crash it, Main blade holder....little stuff like that.

Im already going crazy on the heli stuff (3 days with my belt and i got 4 hundred bucks into the hobby..and going again tomarrow to the LHS...now i know why my wife was mad at me today)

haha...u can say that again!oh well....things that she doesnt know wont hurt isnt it?lols
Old 03-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's kinda hard sneaking money out, she's in the bank business. She know EVERY thing about our money. I swear one time i bought me a tool off the Snap-on tool truck (I'm a mechanic for chevy) when i was low on money, she literally called me couple seconds later wondering why i bought the tool if i knew we where low on money. But hey, saves me from having to sit down and do bills.

I'm going to have to start pulling cash out.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Well if you can hover on your first time trying I guess you don't need my advise lol! I was gonna say get a fixed pitch heli and bust that up first. Then try the BCP.

I flew mine again last night. It's working pretty good but needs tweaked a little. Just put a new HS65MG on the tail. Gonna try it out later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in