PDA

View Full Version : Problem in tail.Helicopter crazy.

VDFS
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
THE tail stop but the main rotor do not stop with this the helicopter was very crazy and broken some parts.Anyone know what this problem???

BryMeister
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Gonna need a bunch more info, guy. If your English is poor, just try your best. :)

Funky
02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Are you running the idler pulley in the tail box? I think you are saying the tail slowed but not the main blades? If so, your belt probably got hung up. If you are running the idler puley on top of the tail case, this can happen sometimes when the belt slips off and wedges itself between the case and pulley. Most people remove the pulley to avoid this problem, the Trex doesn't need it.

Tom Burgess
02-08-2008, 05:58 AM
THE tail stop but the main rotor do not stop with this the helicopter was very crazy and broken some parts.Anyone know what this problem???

Was this when you were trying an auto you have been asking about?

Tom

HeliSmith
02-08-2008, 10:00 AM
There is a basic test you always should do before you fly. Hold the tail blades and turn the main blades with a light/medium amount of force. If it the main blades turn but the tail blades can be held there's a problem. If you are having tail issues this is always the first test you do as well.

The belt can jump the cogs if it is too loose.
The cog can slip on its shaft such as the tail shaft cog.
The little gear inside the frame can be misaligned from it's drive gear. (Usually because you didn't set your collar shaft on your main shaft correctly.)
The little gear or the cog can slip on their shaft inside the frame. (Hate changing this one.)

Because it takes so little force to turn your tail blades you should really be able to track this one down quickly. By your description they stopped this tells me your problem should be easy to find.

Keep us posted...

VDFS
02-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I running the idler pulley in the tail box.The tail STOPED.The problem in my t rex is tail rotor shaft run without screw (prisioner) because this the tail blades stop.Consequence $$$$$$$$$$$$.BUT the auto save many parts the helicopter thanks Brgsstm.

ChasHeliCop
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Check to see if the tail shaft gear is stripped.

Tom Burgess
02-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I running the idler pulley in the tail box.The tail STOPED.The problem in my t rex is tail rotor shaft run without screw (prisioner) because this the tail blades stop.

Can you explain this again VDFS? Do you mean that the tail pulley rotates on the tail shaft?

Thanks

Tom

VDFS
02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Yes the tail pulley rotates on the tail shaft with this the helicopter loose the tail.

Tom Burgess
02-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Yes the tail pulley rotates on the tail shaft with this the helicopter loose the tail.

That is your problem then :thumbup:

Tom

woodmandan2
02-26-2008, 07:25 AM
You should be able to put some r48 on the tail shaft ( green loctite) and then you could keep that "cog" down on the shaft for good, or even better use some red Loctite, or even better buy a new shaft :)
Dan

Skarn
02-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Did you ever remove the idler pulley as suggested? I would.....I did and the tail is great now.

Skarn

VDFS
02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes the tail is great now.