PDA

View Full Version : 450 Class Heli

pjr99
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I am about to jump into Electric Helis.
I was about to buy a T-Rex 450 SE v2, when I happened to see a Kyosho Caliber 450v and the TT Mini-Titan SE.

Any thoughts on which is the best one to get?
Also, Hitec HS-65MG or JR Performance Mini Heli ServoSet?
Gyro:
Hitec HG5000/HSG5083mg or GY401?

What can you-all recommend?
Thx in advance for your help and guidance.
PhilR

randerson07
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
People will have good things to say about everything you have listed there(although ive never heard of that kyosho, I run their RC cars tho and love them).

Once you start picking high quality items, like everything you have listed, its going to come down to personal preference and parts support in your area.

I went with the Mini Titan cause IMO it looks better than the Trex, I went with the GY401 cause thats what the LHS had, I went with the Hitec servos for the same reason.

I would have been just as happy with a Trex, or a Hitech Gyro and JR servos(which I also run on one of my birds as well).

george0079
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Yep. I have to completely agree with the above statements. Once you step into the field of quality built equipment, it becomes a matter of personal preferrence. Everything you listed will make a great setup.

pjr99
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Thank you both for the quick replys. I fully understand what you are saying. I was impressed with the specs of the Mini-Titan. However, the frame is not CF. I think I would prefer a CF frame????
The Hitec 5000 Gyro and servo seem to be cost effective. I wonder how it compares to the GY401.
Thx again.....will prob go with the T-Rex 450SE v2. I can prob pick one up for $425 w/battery, esc and motor.
PhilR

enahs
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
You really can't go wrong with the Trex or the Mini Titan. I was all set to get the Mini Titan and the Kasama head but decided that the LHS in Valparaiso, IN (where I go to school) stocks Trex parts. So if I crash it, I can practically walk to buy new parts.

Beaver Rat
03-05-2008, 10:16 PM
I got my trex 450SE V2 with battery and motor/esc for 399 dollars on readyheli, not sure if thats still the price though.

Tim Tompkins
03-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I love my mini titan enough to buy a second one. The frame is very stiff and costs about $10.00 if you were to damage it. I like the higher mounted motor and the opening below the tail boom for the 401 to hide. I also like the ease of servo service if nesc. Mine are both from last summer. I had to piece the se parts together from the internet. The aluminum stuff looks very good but the plastic is good quality and flies great. Check amainhobbies. com here on the front page, very good prices and good service. TimT

pjr99
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Thank you much. Still not sure which Heli to get. I have a problem with the Titan plastic frame vs. the T-Rex CF frame.
Thx,
PhilR

byHISgrace
03-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I would prefer the plastic frame, fewer parts and should be stiffer because of the interlocking frame halves. IMO. Matt