PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Blade CP day.

zaw
03-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Blade CP/ Seperated Electronics Brushless/ Dual Tail.

I have both esky and eflite bell system heads, E-Flite bell head broke after crash, put on the esky head fly again. decided to mess with Esky HH gyro, rear spin and crashed, broke the bell mixers.
dug thought the part bin found enough parts to put together a complete basic blade CP head. test flew it, adjusted pitch/tracked etc, flew good.

Then rear Dual Tail bearing came apart, put the heli to a spin crashed. nothing broke, lost bearing on tail, found enough bearings make the tail work again, test fly, everything good, then main motor shut down in air, came back on almost hit the ground so i was able to land soft.. Thought it was just a glitch, check all connection spin it up and it shut down again and never spin back up. Hot wired another motor from another heli to the ESC, it spin up so not the ESC, trun out that one of the Factory soldered connection on the motor is loose. :(

May be I just need a break from this hobby for a little bit.

nitrohog
03-16-2008, 11:41 PM
I feel your pain. Today I piled my CPP in harder than I ever have. I am starting to learn rolls, loops, flips, and stall turns. I did a few rolls, no problem, then I tried a front flip and the tail kicked 180 degrees for no apparent reason. I managed to break the landing gear, main gear, 4in1 case, bell hiller blade grip, flybar cage, and the main frame. Oh well, I learned my lesson that a stock cp pro isn't a good aerobatics trainer. I did all of the above aerobatics with the Trex with no issues as of today.

Kindling Maker
03-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Anyone with a CP or a CPPro has had a day like that. A few months ago I had just put the CNC frame, brushless motor,new tailboom and a new set of CF blades on. I took it to the flying area that we used at the time and got it into a really stabile hover, it was flying better than it ever had. Then about half way thru the pach the skids FELL off. Needless to say i broke it trying to get it on the ground. I had a prob with the factory welds on my CX2 and my CPPro.

Skarn
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
When I feel that way with my Blade CP, I end up flying my TREX 450 and all is well!

Skarn