PDA

View Full Version : E-Smart 600 build thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

LockMD
05-14-2008, 08:41 AM
man thats a beast

by the way why does the tail stop spinning befor the main

The main can spin freely and has much more momentum thats one thing that is kinda scary - no motor = no tail, probably wont auto well at all.

DierWolf
05-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Wow you know i never even thought of that... i know the way it is allows the main to spin without the tail .... totally forgot about Auto's..

damyxz
05-14-2008, 03:46 PM
The e-smart autos really well(better than driven tail models) because there is no added loading from the tail, there is more energy left in the mains during an auto. Just be sure you have the heli facing the right direction whe you auto. I just replaced my metal side plates to CF and it gives more pep with the stock power system on 6S.

DierWolf
05-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes but without the tail isnt the boom just spinning around uncontrolably during decent??? I like controlled auto's not just dropping to earth like a spinning stone.

some video of the auto's with the esmart would be nice.

LockMD
05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes but without the tail isnt the boom just spinning around uncontrolably during decent??? I like controlled auto's not just dropping to earth like a spinning stone.

some video of the auto's with the esmart would be nice.

Agreed would like VIDS - planned auto face it in the right direction and not be able to steer it ----- what about when you REALLY NEED to do it? It wont be pretty, all you could do is control the pitch to slow it down.

damyxz
05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
The heli does not spin around while doing auto, since there is no torque being made onto to the main body while the rotor is free spinning. the body stays in the direction you point itat and actually keep it's heading like a weathervane. Also the heli is moving slightly forward when you auto to avoid the vortex ring phenomenon. This also prevents the heli from falling like a brick. Trying to steer while autorotating also waste energy from the main blades.

LockMD
05-14-2008, 10:58 PM
The heli does not spin around while doing auto, since there is no torque being made onto to the main body while the rotor is free spinning. the body stays in the direction you point itat and actually keep it's heading like a weathervane. Also the heli is moving slightly forward when you auto to avoid the vortex ring phenomenon. This also prevents the heli from falling like a brick. Trying to steer while autorotating also waste energy from the main blades.

PLEASE make a video if at all possible

damyxz
05-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Sorry, I do not have a video camera at this time. But if in doubt, ask anybody who have been flying long about their experience with autos on non driven tail., I thought this sucks at first but once you get the hang of it, the heli just really floats down. The e-smart has more hang time than my trex 600.( both use ms composite 3D carbon blades) I think a driven tail heli is good if you want to do some 3D moves while doing an auto which I know only a handful of blessed pilots can manage to do.

DierWolf
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Yes steering while coming down wastes energy but sometimes its necessary.. this is what were talking about... NOt every Auto is a Planned thing, sometimes its necessary
and you may not be in the Optimal position when its initiated, so stearing and/or rudder turn would be required, both of which seems to be a problem with auto's in the esmart (no rudder turn as non driven tail)

VIRUSS11
05-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok, Problem here, What am I over looking?
When I move the throttle stick up, The swash move up, But I get Neg. pitch And not Pos. pitch. Everything else move the right way.
I'm using the DX6i radio.

VIRUSS11
05-15-2008, 02:09 PM

VIRUSS11
05-15-2008, 02:11 PM
When I move the throttle stick up, The swash move up, But I get Neg. pitch And not Pos. pitch.

LockMD
05-15-2008, 02:35 PM
When I move the throttle stick up, The swash move up, But I get Neg. pitch And not Pos. pitch.

Is this Dennis? look at pics of the head your grips are def reversed.

damyxz
05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Dierwolf,
Yes you do not have rudder control while doing an auto with the E-smart, but since the tail just weathervanes according to where the heli is going, you can control where the nose points by just using your aileron/elevator control, as long as you are moving forward(like a plane).

VIRUSS11
05-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Is this Dennis? look at pics of the head your grips are def reversed.

Yup, Its Me!

VIRUSS11
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Yup, That was the problem, But I broke a link!

DierWolf
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
LockMD

Whats your flight time with that battery setup?

LockMD
05-22-2008, 11:08 AM
LockMD

Whats your flight time with that battery setup?

I only have 2 flights on the 5000's so far and 1 was last night in bad winds......anyways I flew for a tad of 6 mins and cellpro4s said they were at 3.89 per cell at begin of charge.....so I'm guessing 8-9 mins ? and this is basically just hovering in my backyard.

DierWolf
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Ammmm 5000's now? you last quoted me 4300's 3s

LockMD
05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Ammmm 5000's now? you last quoted me 4300's 3s

yeah I still have the 4300's but just got some 5000's I like the extra weight much better too

DierWolf
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok cool.

i'm just about done, trying to decide on a ESC think i'll go with the 80A Scorpion ESC With build in Switching 4A BEC..... seems to be the better value. My FMA FS8 is already on the way...

Question what did you do about the tight fitting links to the flybar? mine are extrely tight.

LockMD
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Ok cool.

i'm just about done, trying to decide on a ESC think i'll go with the 80A Scorpion ESC With build in Switching 4A BEC..... seems to be the better value. My FMA FS8 is already on the way...

Question what did you do about the tight fitting links to the flybar? mine are extrely tight.

I saw a post where a guy had an extra ball he squeezed it all over with pliers snapped the link on it and moved it all around - and since I had the fireball I had an extra too :YeaBaby: that worked well for me...

others while the link is on the ball squeeze it (the link) on the sides and it seems to work - when I tried this I kept breaking the links :(

DierWolf
05-22-2008, 04:38 PM
yes thats why i asked, i can tell from the plastic used its not very pliable...

I will sand the inside a bit... as its way to large of a link to use the ballsizer on.

LockMD
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
yes thats why i asked, i can tell from the plastic used its not very pliable...

I will sand the inside a bit... as its way to large of a link to use the ballsizer on.

yeah if you had a spare ball so you could scar it up the put the link over it - really did well for me.

Trickycopter
05-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I am thinking about getting a esmart 600 or the swift 620 E Have read a little about the Esmart but not found much on the swift does anyone have some suggestions on which helicopter I should get for my first real build have upgraded my belt cp and honeybee fp but never done a arf build thanks have a great day Rick