PDA

View Full Version : HBK2 Metal Rotor Head

xrbcoronalogoflyer
03-18-2008, 01:33 PM
My heli addiction is tugging me towards a central holder set (EK5-0208)...Looks like the set includes a spindle with M2 bolts and spacers...A separate spindle w/ bolts (EK5-0395) is also available...Here's my question -- will the Trex spindle (HS1003) work with the metal rotor head and stock plastic grips? Thanks...Ken

EDIT: got my answer on an rcu posting: The spindle that comes with the cnc central holder is for use with the stock plastic blade grips with the cnc central holder. The 0395 is for use with the cnc blade grips and the cnc central holder.
Brian

DierWolf
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Ebay.... $50 bucks for full cnc head and Tail box.

Buying CNC parts one by one comes out way more expensive so you might wanna think about that.

JustPlaneChris
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
BEWARE: Those ebay CNC sets are not genuine Esky parts! Several guys over on RCG have bought them, and the quality is less than spectacular.

Cougar429
04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Don't bother with the ESKY CNC, legacy parts or not.

Several of us have gone with different heads, mostly of the TREX 450 line or their equivalent, and with a little engineering you get a much better flying head for less money than the ESKY stuff. And WITHOUT the sloppy controls already designed in, to boot.

I have a Phantom 450 head on mine, others have used the CopterX. The main shafts are the same diameter, but the stack height required above the upper bearing is taller. You will be restricted on 3D pitch if you simply bolt it onto the King shaft. Unfortunately, you get the shafts with the head assemblies, but the height between the upper bearing and drive bolt are shorter on the TREX or clones and the supplied swash is different. Again,with a little engineering you can overcome this.

I'm waiting for some Blade 400 shafts, (gotta love the fact these ALL have the same diameter) and will have to drill for the tail drive cog, but a small inconvenience for someone with experience. This will get me the full pitch range back.

DumbDawg
04-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I haven't bought the cnc stuff from fleabay but can imagine the chinese knockoffs are junk. Barely a step up from the junky plastics already on the bee2.

I went esky cnc before I realized it would have been better to go trex. oh well.

I'll just have to buy the whole bird, trex, now if I want the cnc head stock.

oh honey.... :):kiss