PDA

View Full Version : Help with Belt-CP too much negative

merlin703
03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi, I have a Belt-CP. I took it out and even people that have been flying for a while didn't know what to do with it. I guess it's because they never seen a Belt-CP before but only Trexes and alike.
The main problem at hand is that it has too much negative pitch right now. I have to be about 85% throttle to start getting some possitive pitch. The guys at the field, try to make as many changes to my JR9303 as possible but that didn't really help.
I changed the receiver to a R6000 ( I believe). ONE physical problem I clearly see is that the swash plate doesn't have much play at all. I don't know if the links are off. When you just power the heli, should the servos be at 90 degrees as the TREX? I wish I had some pictures to follow. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.

Dugster
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
I have the same radio setup as you do. I use the same throttle curve, pitch curve and swash mix as a middle of the road Trex 450. Yes, the servo arms should be at 90 degrees and the swash should be level.

psilo
04-04-2008, 07:04 AM
I would guess that your swash mix is way out. I am using the Spektrum DX7 which is the same as a JR anyway and have my swash mix at +60 ail +60 elev and -60% pitch which is giving me a -9,0,-9 pitch range in idle up.

I am assuming you have been through the CCPM setup as per the finless vids?

merlin703
04-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. I didn't put the heli together. Someone changed the settings when trying to fis it. I had to reset everything and start from scratch. The servo arms are not mechanically 90. I had to use some trimming. The links were way OFF. I don't understand how that happened. Anyway, I believe it's OK now but I haven't test it yet since I will be installing a GY410 and set up the tail servo with it. I first thought the tail blades wouldn't have to be in straight line like the TREX 500 (according to Bob videos) if not pulling to the left (I think left), which I didn't understand but people here told me that it should be set up in straight line just like the TREX 500. So I will do that tonight or tomorrow and take it out for a test fly. Thanks guys!

thunderhead
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
The swash should be level and in the middle of its travel with the servo arms at 90. 60% on the swash is a good starting point as mentioned. If you are not in the middle of swash travel with the arms at 90 then you should adjust your links so that you are.