PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with my GYRO

Markeydoo
03-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I just got a used GY401 and when I throttel up and add a small amount of rudder the thing just doed pirowets on the ground. I have tried it in an off of HH and still get the same result. I slapped my old rce-500x gyro in and I don't get the uncontroalable piroweting.
I have also turned the sensitivity down on the radio and still get the same result.
Any suggestions.
Thanks
Mark

heliMark
03-27-2008, 10:22 PM
you may need to check that the gyro is opperating in the right direction by reversing the tiny dip switch on the gyro itself or in the radio. is your gyro mounted rightside up or upside down on the heli(above the boom block or under)?

M3

Markeydoo
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Under the boom. The controls seam correct, that rudder stick right nose right.

TheBum
03-27-2008, 10:40 PM
You need to make sure the gyro is also switched to go the right direction. With the gyro in HH mode, move the tail to the right (nose left). The blades should pitch such that their leading edges move left. If it's backward, you need to flip the reversing switch on the gyro.

Markeydoo
03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I will try that
Thanks

heliMark
03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
yeah I believe when mounted upsidedown the gyro dip switch does need to be reversed, once you get that corrected double check the limit pot and delay pot on the gyro, delay should be 0 if your using a digital tail servo, then just find a good gain percentage and have fun :YeaBaby:

Markeydoo
03-27-2008, 11:35 PM
You guys are right. I mounted on the top so I could play with the switch and that worked.. Thank you Thank you Thank you

TomRex
03-28-2008, 03:47 PM
on top of block is bad practice unless you are prepaired for a paddle strike when you crash

Dumb Thumbs
03-28-2008, 04:27 PM
on top of block is bad practice unless you are prepaired for a paddle strike when you crash
Some people happen to LIKE a good paddle stike every now & then :bad