PDA

View Full Version : spartan gyro settings ok ?

Pages : 1 [2]

wbplomp
04-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I downloaded this configuration file - the settings he uses are the stock settings that
the gyro has out of the box - no 'specially' about it !! You can't use his endpoints anyway, you should always arrive at your own endpoints based on your own adjustments of the tail linkages / servo horn etc.

But ofcourse you can't use his endpoints. By the way, I only downloaded it for reviewing, not to import it in my gyro. I have my tail slidered still centered at the moment. But I'm going to try it the other way tommorow. Your tail slider centered or not is another approach, so it sure is different.

Are you sure there is 'less servo load'? Why would this be? Is it because the servo has to do less work to keep the spindle in a certain position while it is close to its center point?

That's wat seems to be the case. If have tried it ones with a GY401, and it does unload you servo a little bit, I could notice it in response. When I gave full pitch suddennly the tail holds slightly better, but it very very small. But the GY401 messes up you piroette rates and etc, has only one LIMIT for each side and etc.

MarkWebber
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
In any case, it is unlikely that we'll have exactly the same reading from heli to heli. And more importantly, it isn't necessary. Just for best results, keeping within the range Angelos has specified will give you the best performance possible.
While some like to tinker obcessively, Spartan does their best to do the work for you and offer great performance without the hassle. They want you to fly/enjoy the ds760, not obcess about the % of this or the reading of that.

Bjorn
04-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds logical. Just for my understanding, bceause I am Dutch, what is the exact description offset?

In this case: not 90 degrees linkage...