PDA

View Full Version : First turbine and JR XP9303

dacostad
04-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi all, I am collecting my first turbine powered helicopter on Friday (an Airstar Jetcopter SX) and will be using a JR XP9303 with an XPS module.

Can anyone advise me on correct setup with this radio and in particular how you setup the AUX switch (channel, which switch etc).

Thanks for any help.

David

cbergen
04-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Without knowing what exactly you want to do with the aux channel, I'm probably not much help, but surely Joseph will be familiar enough with it when you pick it up.

Or are you getting it used?

Either way, Airstar may be your best bet for help.

sgil123
04-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Contact Peter Wales he is on Helifreak. He is a turbine and large scale expert

rkeith2
04-10-2008, 05:45 PM
What part of California are you hailing from -

I can share the JetCat settings I have in my 9303 with the aux running the start, idle, spool up and down

wirlybird
04-12-2008, 02:13 AM
He is a HELLIFREAK , like most of us.:clappp

dacostad
04-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Keith, I live in LA.

I picked up my JetCopter yesterday and I ended up putting a 10 channel XPS receiver on it so that I could use the right pitch lever for start, idle, spool up and down. Without this I could only use channel 7 for the left Aux 3 lever which meant I could not use the gyro functions on the radio.

Anyway it all fires up nicely.

I still need to set the failsafe on the XPS and at first I could not figure out how to do it as we don't use the throttle channel, but I assume I set channel 8 up as a user definable channel on the XPS receiver and then set the failsafe position to the turbine off position of the right pitch lever.

David