Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flybarless N9SE Pics

Pictures posted on Matt Botos' site. The flybarless N9SE looks amazing! Check it out at http://www.mattbotos.com
synergyrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

will you be able to buy one like that from Synergy or what???
bladebraker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

See Matt Botos's AWESOME N9 Flybarless here http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...AR-Hunts08.wmv

Hear Matt Botos talk about his N9 Here http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...lessLesson.wmv
Old 04-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As much as i love the idea of flybarless, ive heard too many bad things about autoing them being a bit of a knightmare at the mo due to the gyros going a bit scatty as the headspeed drops.

Paul Lisons flybarless N9 was an inspiration to watch at the UK Spring Charmouth fly-in a few weeks back, rolled like nothing ive ever seen before!
Jamiem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 05:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
As much as i love the idea of flybarless, ive heard too many bad things about autoing them being a bit of a knightmare at the mo due to the gyros going a bit scatty as the headspeed drops.
I guess it depends on which electronic system you go with. Which systems were being used when you heard about problems with autos?

With Vbar I understand the system detects the reduced rate of control as the rotor speed drops. The vbar controls the rate of cyclic so even if the rotor speed drops the rate of cyclic is maintained by increasing cyclic pitch. One friend who is flying the vbar in his 600N says autos are not a problem with the vbar.

Charles
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Matt autos the heck out of his N9 Flybarless at B-Ham and Huntsville, did not look like a problem. He is running the Mikado electronics. He will probably comment on it.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

to be fair though will, i bet Matt can make anything look like its not a problem, in fact after watching him fly at 3dmasters last year, im sure of that!

I think it was the CSM system, as Paul Lison is (i think) a CSM sponsored pilot.

Its due to the fact they try to maintain cyclic roll rate as the head speed drops that causes them to do wierd things. Apparently they arent too bad, but you have to be very careful to use small inputs in the auto, especially at the end. Also Take off's have to be instant, no letting the heli sit at full head speed. I guess it will try and roll over if cyclic is applied, in the same way the tail trys to move around if you move the rudder while its still on the deck.

Not ruling it out for me, just id like to see a few systems and if possible fly some of them first before spending my hard earned...
Jamiem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Does anyone know if Synergy is going to sell a flybarless N9???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
Old 04-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebraker View Post
Does anyone know if Synergy is going to sell a flybarless N9???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
Yes, last I heard anyway.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I totally agree Jamiem. Any electronic assisted flybarless heli will require some relearning in how to fly, and autos are no acception.

Quote:
Also Take off's have to be instant, no letting the heli sit at full head speed. I guess it will try and roll over if cyclic is applied, in the same way the tail trys to move around if you move the rudder while its still on the deck.
I asked my friend about this specific issue a while back as I had a similar concern and again the vbar system has a method (algothrim) to prevent the heading lock affect on takeoff. I’m not trying to push one system over another but understanding the pros and cons of each is important. I have three helis to convert so I want to learn as much as I can before taking the plunge. As my friend said once you go flybarless you never go back.

Charles
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have a Logo 500 that was a flybar heli I converted to V-Bar flybarless and it flys just like a flybar heli the only difference is you can make it much quicker and it has a lot more power Also it was ez to setup because I used a V-bar file from one of the Mikado pro pilots. I must also say the simple head makes for a ez fix after a crash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in