PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Stinger 50 to Raptor

bobc1
09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
I have flown about 15 gallons through a Stinger 50 in the past three months. After fighting with the clutch, bad bearings, and gear mesh, I finally upgraded to Raptor V2 parts on the clutch, pinion, start shaft, & main gear (& pulley). This solved those problems.

Now, the collective arm sides are drastically worn at the point where the OD of the pivot bearings ride in the ID's of the collective arm sides allowing the entire collective assembly to pivot with elevator input.

The A arms on the elevator linkage are also worn where they pivot at the bottom allowing the swash plate to pivot.

I want to replace these with Raptor plastic parts as other Raptor owners don't seem to have an issue with these parts wearing. I believe the Raptor part numbers are PV0012 and PV0013 but Zoom's website states that the collective arm will only fit the V1 Raptors, not the V2.

Does anyone know if these are the correct parts for the Gohbee?

I left a written message for David @ Gohbee a week or so ago with no response.

ALSO:

I was going to install the new 90 durometer O Ring dampers in the metal head today & discovered that the brass damper collars are .010" smaller that the ID of the head. They are also loose in the old plastic head although not as bad.

The OD of the new dampers is .580" & the ID of the head is .590". Anyone else having these problems?

The original rubber dampers become very worn and shed rubber flakes in a couple of gallons.

I emailed David & left a voice mail message for him today, again. Has anyone had recent contact with him?

Thanks,
Bob

929pilot
09-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Heliproz shows those parts to be v1 or v2.

I didn't notice the damper collars being to loose, but not tight either. They will come out easy, there could be .010", they didn't seem to loose to me. I am very happy with mine (90 duro). I was running carbon extreme crisp 3d dampers in a Sceadu yoke on my Stinger but I like these better. Stock dampers on all 30 and 50 helis suck.

capebob
09-24-2005, 07:46 AM
When TT upgraded the Raptor to V2 one of the improvements was a stiffer pitch control arm, but they did not change the part number. It remains PV0012. PV0012 fits both models. PV0013 is the elevator arm which was also improved in the V2 without changing the part number. This part also fits both the V1 and V2.

Bob

bobc1
09-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks, capebob.

scottc
09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Bobc1 tell me more about the gear mesh issue would you , i have my 2nd stinger that is having a radio clitch problem and i think its the main gear mesh as it is real rough or notchy when turning by hand, iam thinking maybe a bad bearing in the clutch bell could be the problem to. scott

bobc1
10-01-2005, 09:40 PM
The original bearing on the top of the pinion gear that is seated in the frame was rusty, noisy, & junk. I flew it & ignored the noise for about 10 gallons.

It finally wore the pinion gear & I replaced the clutch, running gear, main gear, & pulley with Raptor parts. Much better.

I am now replacing the collective pitch arms & elevator arm assembly @ about 15 gallons because they are drastically worn.