PDA

View Full Version : Ion-X impressions

Russ McC
04-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Well after 24 flights I think I am ready to give my opinion on this model. This is probably the best flying model I have had my hands on! I attribute its excellent operating characteristics to the lack of vibration, with glow models engine tuning and installation is critical to try to obtain the most consistent exhaust note and reduced vibration, even the best of tuning and installation results in very high levels of vibration especially when a 90 size engine is used. The whole radio system/servos, gyro is performing noticeably better in this model, no wonder not being bolted to a vibrating 90! I am pushing it harder then in the beginning and am finding the power to be very close to a 90, I am now using 6000mah for a ten minute flight. A couple of years ago my friend Rob bought a Logo 20, he put all the best of the best gear and batteries on it available at the time, we both flue the model and where amazed at how smooth it was but the performance and duration where disappointing. After the Logo we hoped that electrics would some day offer a real option to glow but figured that the batteries would take five or more years to catch up to the performance needed, I am glad it only took a couple. I bet it only will get better from hear, soon all the top manufactures will be on this wagon and we will be seeing electrics at the field more and more often. My thanks to you Chris S and Min Air for going all the way with this and bring the first real electric option to market!! :D

Shannon Davis
04-29-2004, 12:00 AM
I HAVE ONLY FLOWN MINE FOR TWO FLIGHTS- BUT i ALREADY LOVE IT-- VERY SMOOTH.

misskimo
04-29-2004, 04:49 AM
I sure like my conversion , and its vibration free :D . and 24 flights :| , dang :twisted: , what some good weather you are having , :glasses2:

have fun ,

Tony
Shannon , take some time off and fly that thang :lol:

Shannon Davis
04-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Gotta pay for this Heli habbit- no to mention the wifes habbitsssss.

misskimo
04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
:lol:

sticknruddr
11-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Finally got my Ion paid for and flew it. It really is the best flying heli I have ever had my hands on. I have had 3 flights on it and am impressed with how smooth and responsive it is. I found out that it has the 52 tooth gear on it and I am debating on going with a 54 tooth. I have the hacker motor and tp6000 with mah g2 690's. Let me know what you think.
Scotty

Russ McC
11-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi Scotty,

Some people think it is a 54 tooth and it says 54 on some of the bags for some reason but the gear you want is 55 teeth and yes you should change it. I believe Min Air will exchange it for you if you like. Enjoy!!! :mrgreen:

sticknruddr
11-26-2004, 03:16 AM
I will give them a call and see what they will do. I am also a little worried about the linkage rods, I was unloading the heli from my vehicle today and when I lifted it out the blade holder slipped off and the blades popped up. I have done this before and someday I will learn not to do it, but when this happened one of the pushrod got caught on the washout mixing arms and got bent. If these rods will bend this easy and get caugh this easy are they really strong enough for 3D?
Scotty
:arggg:

vitek
11-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Assuming you're using a standard blade holder, run a piece of fuel tubing through those little holes in the blade holder and under the boom. You'll never have that problem again.

I could post a pic if it doesn't make any sense.

Russ McC
11-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi Scotty,

Yes the rods are very adequate for any type of flying, the force you exerted on the rods by letting the blade holder slip off is way moor strain then the rods will ever see in flight. Do what Travis said and you won’t have that problem any moor :cool: