PDA

View Full Version : Sceadu Explosion!!!!

Rpotter90
04-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Well, what can I say- explosion is the only word to descibe what happened to my poor sceadu today. If you have followed the recent posts I have made, you might note that I have been struggling with the blades going out of track/woofing for awhile. Well, I got that problem fixed and was having a blast getting to know my sceadu again!!
Flew 4 flights yesterday, and 4 today. On the 4th one, halfway through the tank, I half rolled to inverted and pushed the nose up into an outside loop. as soon as the nose went into the wind, the headspeed degraded with the application of collective and FORWARD cyclic--- then BOOOM!! It was all over. Whoof and Poof. Pieces falling all over the place and the majority of them balled up and fell 200 feet to the pavement. I did manage to shut the engine off on it's way down though- so no funky chicken. The sceadu and it's gear are a total loss. RX, GV-1,gy401/9254, 9252, 9202's all destroyed. I might be able to replace some cases/gearsets but I worry about the gyro and 9254. Also, my NIMH battery exploded and leaked acid eveywhere. Believe it or not, the canopy lived....

I will post pics on monday. It's disgusting, and I will not be flying heli's again for a long time. I'm gonna take a long awaited break from speding all this money. I basically converted 1000$$ to a bag of trash plastic. The worst part is that nobody was there to see it.

When and if I get another, IT WILL NOT be a Hirobo or Raptor.
Flutter once, shame on you. Flutter twice, Shame on me.
I learned my lesson and i'm done.

WillJames
04-29-2004, 05:58 AM
Flutter once, shame on you. Flutter twice, Shame on me.

At least you can still make a good joke. :)

I know your frustartion, seems like every time I move forward with my flying, I have a serious crash set me back again. It may do you some good to walk away for a while, and if you REALLY have the fever you will come back. I have never had Woof & Poof, just dumb thunbs, but I can imagine it is very frustrating to have a mechanical failure that results in complete distruction.

Hang in there and don't give up until after you save up for replacement parts. Then make the decision.

rob_jones
04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Was this an original Sceadu or an EVO? I haven't heard of any flutter problems on the EVO. And there are ways to fix the flutter on the original Scoob...

blakka_1
04-29-2004, 06:16 PM
it was a complete evo

rob_jones
04-30-2004, 10:05 AM
it was a complete evo

Odd. :? Have you emailed Jeff Green about it? I bet it would be worth your while to do so.

DTM
06-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Had the flutter problem for quite a while. Bent 4 spindles in flight before I discovered that the seesaw 0412212 was cracked

Splattt
06-24-2004, 03:59 PM
contact jeff green and im sure you will be surprised at what he will do for you. Sounds possiblly like bad dampners. The dampners in the evo are not the greatest. Sorry to hear your giving up on the Evo's they really are great machines.

sorry to hear bout the crash

NolanManley
06-24-2004, 05:19 PM
halfway through the tank, I half rolled to inverted and pushed the nose up into an outside loop. as soon as the nose went into the wind, the headspeed degraded with the application of collective and FORWARD cyclic--- then BOOOM!!

Not a heli made that won't fold a blade when this happens unless you keep them TIGHT....even a real one! :wink:

GV'1 and 50 engine I assume. A forward input on the swash loads the engine harder than most any other manuver. Now make it a inverted climbing deal and BAM...sucks I know. Sorry for your loss but give Jeff a holler ...never know till you check.

Splattt
07-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Rpotter90,

Did you contact Jeff Green about this?

nexusos46
10-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi can anyone give me Jeff Green e-mail, I have a hirobo egale 98 that has some porblems and would like to ask Jeff about them.

nexusos46
10-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi can anyone give me Jeff Green e-mail, I have a hirobo egale 98 that has some porblems and would like to ask Jeff about them.

nexusos46
10-05-2004, 04:15 PM

pilotError
10-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Last email I had from him was

jeffg@modelrectifier.com

Mike...

nexusos46
10-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the quick answer!

:D