PDA

View Full Version : blade 400 training gear

jlsider@rogers.com
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey guys,

Well my buddy just bought a blade 400 last night, but because he is a noob still, he requires some landing gear. Any good ideas on how to make some up?

Any ideas appreciated!

Jer

PS. I was thinking of just cutting some 1/4" dowel, and attaching some ping pong balls on the ends?

HeliMix
06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Not trying to be a smart donkey or anything, but a quick search in the B400 threads and else where will give you a ton of ideas. I have some photos in my photo album of how I made mine and there is a thread here some where on how I did it.

Swashmix
06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Here is mine.
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51449&d=1213496708

Just keep the materials light.

xspare
06-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Start with a 48" long 0.240" diameter carbon fibre tube. Cut it in half with a hacksaw, clean up the ends, and mark the middle of each tube with a sharpie.

Get some 2" open cell foam balls from a craft/sewing/flower store. Use a ball point pen to start a hole, then sink them all the way onto the ends of the tubes. Remove balls, slop some carpenter's glue on the ends of the tube, replace balls and let dry.

First tube goes behind and under the aft left strut, then in front of and over the forward right strut. Cable tie it in place, center it, then give it two wraps of electrical tape to keep it from slipping fore and aft.

Second tube goes behind and under the aft right strut, then in front of and under the forward left strut. Cable tie in place, center it, then give it two wraps of electrical tape to keep it from slipping fore and aft.

$15 and 15 minutes later... good enuf. takes abuse. :)

KHoff7
06-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Blade co gear works pretty good for me. Not very big but a lot better than nothing :thumbup: