PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with spartan 8900 combo

KROM
07-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Just finished building 500 . Well "I thought it went well. However First time I powered up it began to piro wildly on the ground. The end points are set without binding on hub or tail case. Stick left , the slider moves away from heli towards hub. I set the servotype with one flashing light 1520 333 speed. I feel like I am over looking something. I will go over my setup again after work. Just looking for some advice on things I should double check. Tx is DX-7 Rx is ar-7000. Only servo wire near gyro wire is the rudder since they come wrapped together on the spartan.

Thanks for helping all

Krom

MiniCwik
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds like the gyro direction needs to be reversed as it is trying to compensate for movement in one direction and then adding more of the same direction, thus causing a wicked piro.

KROM
07-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks MiniCwik,

Will double check tonight.

I appreciate the quick response!:thumbup:

Krom

MiniCwik
07-09-2008, 10:09 AM
NP and I hope that helps.

Scotty T
07-09-2008, 10:13 AM
sounds about right to me, it's either the gyro needs to be reversed or the rudder needs to be reversed.

KROM
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Im stumped.

Tried reversing rudder, no luck

Tried reversing gyro no luck again

Tried every combo of between reversing the 2 channels no luck.

Im frustrated, im sure im missing something simple, maybe in the dx-7.

Going to watch bobs videos again and try to set it up 1 more time.

I know im about 8 degrees of pitch on my tail blade.

Tail blades spin counter clockwis up towards the main blades

When I move the tail towards me, the slider moves away towards the hub.

When I move the tail away from me , the slider moves towards the tail case.

Left rudder , servo moves left to wards the rear of the heli.

Right rudder servo moves towards the helis nose.

Gyro is in heading hold mode with solid light.

Also 1 blink for servo type jr ds8900g (1520 ,333)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Krom

Scotty T
07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Hmmmm, not too sure here.

If you are confident that everything is reversed or not reversed for that matter correctly.

Then put in a help ticket on the spartan website, Angelos might be able to help you.

Skiddz
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I know im about 8 degrees of pitch on my tail blade.

With the trailing edges of the blades away from the tail boom?

Tail blades spin counter clockwis up towards the main blades

This doesn't matter. It'll fly regardless - even if the TR blades are on backwards.

When I move the tail towards me, the slider moves away towards the hub.

When I move the tail away from me , the slider moves towards the tail case.

Slider should move away from you when you pull the tail towards yourself. This sounds like just the opposite is happening.

Left rudder , servo moves left to wards the rear of the heli.

Right rudder servo moves towards the helis nose.

Servo direction doesn't matter. Which way are the TR blades moving? If you look from the rear of the heli and apply right "rudder", the trailing edges should move away from the boom.

You've got to have the rudder channel working in the proper direction before you can set up the gyro. Sounds like your rudder channel needs to be reversed and you need to go through the gyro setup again.

toaster12
07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Sounds more like the gyro reversing is wrong!

If you have mounted the gyro with the leads coming out of the rear, then you have to set up the gyro for reverse. Instead of moving the stick left during setup, move it right. Then set your end points.That is gyro setup not tx setup, ya know, toggle between rate and HH.

And on your TX reverse the rudder channel,

Best way to check direction is to forget about servo linkages and which way the hub moves.

All ways go by the leading edge of the tail blade (For those that don't know, leading edge is the edge that cuts into the air first or the fattest part of the blade!)

For all these the blades should be viewed from the rear!
For left turn, the tail goes right so the leading edge moves to the right, just like a screw it cuts to the right, pulling the tail that way.
So for a right turn the tail goes left and the leading edge goes to the left.

To check gryo direction (Programmed in the gyro) move the tail towards you and the leading edge should move away from you, move the tail away from you and the leading edge should move toward you.

KROM
08-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies.

The problem was gyro correcion direction ,(not in the tx)

Funny how I tried every combonation but that.

I am blown away at the difference between the 500 and 450.

Only angry that static kept me away so long.

Thanks again Freaks!!!

Krom