PDA

View Full Version : How much could I get?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stinky Igloo
07-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Ehh...maybe I will just go CNC/gyro/servo on the blade and get a 500 size in a few months.

Figure.N9ne
07-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Yup. What HeliMix said. A guy at the field I fly at has a trex 450 fully blinged out. Very nice heli but when we put them side by side the Blade is a little larger! When I told him how much replacement parts were for my heli he thought I was telling tales until I whipped out the part still in the packaging with the price on it! He couldn't believe his eyes. I love my Blade and will keep it even if I eventually get another heli.

Regards,
longwave2000 aka Greg.

i dont understand why. my typical crash is mainshaft, blades, boom, feathershaft and flybar. after comparing align prices to eflites, i'd save maybe 3 bucks if i went with the blade and thats assuming none of the plastic head parts break. i really dont see the savings. the price of admission with the blade 400 is great, but crashing it, isnt cheaper unless you're really pinching pennies.

sokal
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Ehh...maybe I will just go CNC/gyro/servo on the blade and get a 500 size in a few months.

start with gyro/ servos first

then go cnc
cnc is not really that important right now unless you a non crashing machine

or have insane head speeds

the servo/gyro upgrade will have fall in love with her all over again.

longwave2000
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi:

What everyone seems to forget is that a spectrum DX6i tx is included in the price. The trex just can't touch it for price. Period.

Regards,
longwave2000 aka Greg.

Stinky Igloo
07-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Well the 450SA is $199, so it pretty much equals out after if you have to replace the blade servos and gyro.

hoverpunk
07-10-2008, 02:44 AM
keep the blade.

lets go fly.

crfiddy
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Did you have all the goodies (3400, gyro, ect.) on your "POS" , or just improved the 450. Just wandering. Blades get bashed all the time from t-rex guys (most who have never owned a blade) I do remember one thread from a guy that owns both, saying if you put the good stuff on the blade they fly about the same. And if they do, " fly about the same" I think i'll stick with cheap e-flight parts. And for the price diff in thier heli, and their parts, Hard for me to justify, a little smoother bird. Not bashing, for i do not own a t-rex, just want to know the major diffs.:DOH

My b400 has hs65's, 401 gyro, 3400, align cf main blades, flying on 2100 20c batts. I was exibiting my frustration, im sorry. Actually my blade flys really nice, does everything i need it to do. It's just that it has weak bearings, i seem to develop vib's about every 10 flights. Then i sit there and chase bad bearings.
Now compared to the 450 v2, the trex is more solid flying, way better forward flight, holds a line better. But for in your face flying i thing the blade is more manouverable. I just get frustrated replacing bearings and chasing vib's. No crashes on the blade either over 200 flights.
Im always lubing, checking torque, and adjusting so my vibrations have NOT been a result of lack of maintenance.
But i have to admit i still love it! again sorry if i offended. Hope this gives you somewhat of an idea of the comparison.

Redfire SVT
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
not quite. the average 500 crash is about 85 bucks. mainshaft, feathering shaft, blades, and tail boom. the average 450 size crash is about 55 bucks. its not that much of a difference.

Most people are saying $100+. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=74337&highlight=average+crash+cost

I hear what you are saying though. Looks like the key is cheap main blades. Align needs to make some Pro Woods for the 500.

Stinky Igloo
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Yea man, wood blades are the only thing holding me back.

Anywho...I just ordered full CNC head and tail for my blade...gy401/9257 and hs65mg cyclic next week.

Hey....I have a t-rex now :rolling

Redfire SVT
07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Yea man, wood blades are the only thing holding me back.

Anywho...I just ordered full CNC head and tail for my blade...gy401/9257 and hs65mg cyclic next week.

Hey....I have a t-rex now :rolling

Don't worry I won't be far behind, 'cept mine will be a 500! :Bang:YeaBaby:

Stinky Igloo
07-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Ill be on that train soon enough! Just want woodies and no static out of the box. BUT...a mod here and there I do not mind if it is the remedy.

Small price to pay considering everything I have done to the blade LOL