PDA

View Full Version : Holy piro batman...

Pages : 1 [2]

Mon_t
07-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Don't forget if you put on the CopterX head you will need to reverse the swash mix. Unless you've flipped the grips then you don't.
Also to get the full travel of the seesaw, you need to grind 4mm off the top of the e-shite main shaft.
If you're a noob, you wont need to. If you want to chaos then you will (I've been learning these at the moment), getting better too :YeaBaby: (still doing them way up high)

EatMorePizza
07-19-2008, 09:09 AM
I toned it down, went 55% on DR insted of 65%. I may take it up to 60%.

Whats your traval adj at? If I leave mine on 150/150 its crazy.
Also what hole on the rudder servo arm are you using.
I have the same setup and I was trying different setups and configs. Im now on the first hole closer to the servo horn screw. It feels better because the hh setting (63) is further from that "prohibited" zone.

Does anyone know how to control the stopping power of the tail? I thought I read that there is a way to soften the stops.

Stinky Igloo
07-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Bring your gain down to have a softer stop. I had some pretty rediculous bounce back and a little wag with my gain that high.

Using the second hole on the angled horn. Travel adj on 125% (max for the dx6i). Then on the gyro I adjusted the travel adjust to where it had full range on my tail (copterx) and no binding.

I am having to relearn my rudder timing for piros but it is fun, I like how fast it is.

If I time it right I get no bounce back, but if I come around too much I get a little, going to work on that today.

Ill let ya know what my settings are when I get it all tuned.

DONT BLINK YOU WONT SEE IT! The sound is off for some reason. This is with DR at 55%

WukcYD_zbgU

hoverpunk
07-19-2008, 12:59 PM
you can slow it down with the tavel adjustment cant you?

ps. dang thats fast!

Stinky Igloo
07-19-2008, 01:04 PM
On the 770 you slow with DR.

EatMorePizza
07-19-2008, 05:35 PM
You have no problem with the servo horn pointing down? Any reason why?

Stinky Igloo
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Nope. Straight shot.

ted_wears_a_hat
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
We'll have to extend the road trip and after Lock's place head out to the magoo residence to try out the skunkster's barbie! :YeaBaby::smokin: :cheers

Nice hovering skunky.

Have you used the HG5000, the 401, the Spartan 760 or any of the CSM gyro's to compare? I'm keeping a wish list for when my skills justify some new toys and it's always nice to hear the views of people who have used a couple to compare.

Stinky Igloo
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Bad hovering! There was a slight downdraft. Anyways I have it all dialed in now :D Real nice.

Unfortunately have not used a GY401 or similar to compare it to. I am filming a setup video for the blade 400/3500g/770 install right now. Got nothin to do and the better half is out with the lady friends! :D

You will notice how different the setup is between the two. Not any more complicated, just not what you would expect to be doing.

Come on down! I would love to fly with you guys :)

weru
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
The only thing you have to do is put the larger copterx/trex ball links on the inside of your stock swash. Other than that you just bolt it on.

What about the tail? Did you have to change the ball?

Stinky Igloo
07-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Well you can do it two ways. You can screw a t-rex size ball link on the pushrod or change the ball on the pitch slider.

weru
07-19-2008, 08:39 PM
That makes sense. Thanks.:Slap

EatMorePizza
07-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Skunky any vid yet on that 770?

Stinky Igloo
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Yea, It is crappy though. I am getting better vid next weekend. Also this is with the stock tail so the piro rate is not the same as with the copterx anf align or KB blades.

Skip to 1:40

Zbls7Y2rRdM