PDA

View Full Version : Main bearing and gear

nosler130
07-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Help,

After 1 gallon i have had to replace the clutch sprag and the main sprag bearings????

After a futher 1/2 gallon i think the main sprag is on its way out and the main gear seems to be running out of true it has a high spot against the drive pinion, bought a new gear and i have tried them both on the main sprag hub in every position but still a high spot????

Do i need a new hub??????

JJ

Augusto
07-19-2008, 03:40 AM
The issue you're having can be fixed by slotting the two holes on the ratio plate that hold the ratio plate to the frames very slightly only about 0.25mm in the direction that increases the space between the pinion and the main gear. The new kits have the ratio plate already spaced with the additional 0.25mm of spacing. You will also notice that the starter shaft alignment is much better and it minimizes slipping when starting.

Augusto.

nosler130
07-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks Augusto for that i will do that,

But does not explain my problems with the main one way bearing??

JJ

nwolsink
07-19-2008, 03:20 PM
The issue you're having can be fixed by slotting the two holes on the ratio plate that hold the ratio plate to the frames very slightly only about 0.25mm in the direction that increases the space between the pinion and the main gear. The new kits have the ratio plate already spaced with the additional 0.25mm of spacing. You will also notice that the starter shaft alignment is much better and it minimizes slipping when starting.

Augusto.

Please inform when the "new" kits are shipping

rl_sexton
07-19-2008, 04:30 PM
They are already shipping I have one in the mail.

nwolsink
07-20-2008, 11:35 AM
They are already shipping I have one in the mail.

I am in Europe so let's hope there are some kits on their way to Midland Helicopters.
Augusto, can you confirm there are Aurora's moving to Midland?