PDA

View Full Version : TAIL ROTAR BINDING PROBLEM ON BLADE 400

sabbath1
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
iam trying to set up my tail properly on my heli without any binding,but i noticed that when i give full left rudd my pitch slider bottoms out against my roter,and you can see my pitch slider arm flex and cause binding. full right rudd and it almost touches the tail roter housing. i then shorten the tail controll rod so it doesnt bottom out against my tail roter,but then it bottoms out against my tail roter housing. i tried my servo arm at 90 deg in both hh and rate mode and slill have the same problem. everything is stock gyro/servos. i know on my trex you can adjust the servo limit on my 500T gyro,but on the stock blade 400 gyro(G110) i dont think you have this adjustment. iam i doing something stupidly wrong :( pleeease help its driving me crazy.

Roehl
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Moving your ball links closer to the center of the servo horn. This will lessen the travel movement of the rod without adjusting anything on the TX.

sabbath1
09-12-2008, 03:53 PM
thank you for your reply. i will try that this afternoon. being farily new to this i thought the stock setup was optimal so i was leary about changing anything. thanks again for your help.:thumbup:

brokenwings
09-15-2008, 06:35 PM
That's a coincedence, I am having the same problem (I think). :arggg: Are u having a problem with losing head speed? everytime I give input to the rudder/tail, i drop from the sky like a brick. the headspeed slows down tremendously. I tried adjusting the ball link; I think it got worse. Someone please let me know if you kno the solution.

airjawed
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I believe those gyros work different than the 401...but there is a manual available for the G90 which should point you in the right direction.

JMoore12
09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
You have unequal travel. Moving the ball inwards will acomplish one thing, lessening your travel which will give you less than full travel on one side and near correct on the other. You need to adjust the pushrod to so that when your servo arm is at 90 your pitch slider is directly in the middle. Then go from there on moving the ball out/in to get the slider not to bind.

sabbath1
09-17-2008, 01:14 AM
no i do not lose head speed when i give rudder input at all. iam fairly new to this hobby so iam sorry i can not help. but i think in my situation like JMOORE12 said it was in the tail rotor control rod length. i just kept messing around with it and finally got it. i do get a very soft buzz from tail servo, but nothing compared to like it was before,and no more binding/flexing of my tail slider pitch arm. ;) thanks everyone.

brokenwings
09-17-2008, 05:23 PM
URRGGGG!! I am hovering pretty well nowadays - I can keep the bird in the air thru the whole battery. Excited about that - I am now working on my orientation so that I can attempt a figure 8. I practiced today and crashed :mad:, but I am sure twas cause I have a problem with my head speed decreasing as I give left input to the tail. on a scale of 1-10 I would say it decreases from 10 to 7 with 6 being the point at which I start hovering (if that makes sense). its like iam fighting to keep it airborn. Iam glad u solved ur problem tho .... Iam off to repair my brokenwings. any comments are welcome & greatly appreciated.