PDA

View Full Version : raptor 30 v1 ... still a good buy ?

Dazz
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

I fly T-rex 450'S and am about to jump up to the big boys club ........... I have a chance of a very good condition raptor 30 v1 .............

Question is ...........what is the differance between the V1 & V2 .............and are the parts as easy to buy .............my gut feeling is the same as the T-rex SE V1 & V2.......... minimal differance and upgradable ....

Any advice will be appreciated

DAZZ:roll::roll::roll:

Flyemhigh
09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I went from the trex 450 se to the raptor 30 and I would much rather fly the raptor. It is alot more stable not to mention easier to see.

Aussie_G
09-30-2008, 05:36 PM
almost all v1 parts are still available, but if you break a frame (which is easy) they are unavailable.

You can buy the v2 frames & a few other little peices to upgrade if you do break one.

The differences I know of are
Frames, tank, clutch/fan/starter shaft/bearings/coupler, spindle
Oh and the canopy

Most of the breakables, besides the frames are the same as the v2 .30 & .50....

RotaryBliss
09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Feathering shaft(spindle) is different between v1 and v2, which is a common crash part, I just got 6 of them from hong kong off some hobby store on e-bay, All stainless very nice took about a week to get here though I only paid 30 bucks with shipping for all 6 . now I have spares.. The blade grips are different, main hub clutch and clutch bell are different the complete starter assembly is different, main frames different.. the main shaft is the same.. also you need all new bearings nessesary for all parts listed. I still crash my v1 and get it up in the air within a coupla days with stuff online no sweat. Its a pretty tuff bird, good for entry level to advanced pilots, though not everyone can get the power out of it for hardcore 3D . You can Upgrade the head and clutch/starter for under 200 bucks.. though some opt to just get a new kit for 300-350 or so depending if you get the full bearing version or the sport model and swap the engine and electronics. Depends on how bad the damage is I guess.

Dazz
09-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Cheers gents

concept1
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
it would have to be cheap! honestly their is enough improvement in the V2 to warrent getting the V2, you can find V2 R30's all day long for $300-400 in fairly good shape ready to fly minus Tx, I would not pay more then $150 to possibly $200 for a V1 and only if it had a Good OS 32 engine, if it had the original TT engine forget it! the V2 clutch is much better, most of the other parts can be easily changed to V2 as needed.