PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 60 fan casing

olhippie
10-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I wanted to order a new fan casing for my 60, but all I can find listed is the casing for the 90. It states you have to use the 90 servo tray, also. Is this feasible on the 60 or am I just screwed up? I've looked at several on line sites and this is all I can find. Anyone know if this is a standard replacement now? If it is do I have to change anything else? Thanks for any answers or thoughts.

capebob
10-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Unless you can find the old 60/90 fan casing you will have to buy the new 90 fan casing and new servo tray. These are now the oem parts for both the 60 and 90 and will fit your heli with no problem. The fan casing was changed to accommodate the new large head O.S. 91 engines and the servo tray changed to accommodate the fan casing.
Bob

olhippie
10-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Bob - Thanks for the info. I thought something was up, but I was'nt sure. I appreciate the quick response. Thanks again.

flipped
10-07-2008, 01:05 PM
A few months ago I needed a new fan casing and I had the same situation heli pros said that I needed the casing and a new servo frame so I orderd both only to find that the old origina 60 servo frame fit the new fan casing so I have a spare servo mount now the holes lined up perfictly I just removed all but the top two screws and swang the servo mount up and out of the way to install the fan schroud the lowered the servo mount into place. just thought I let you know . Clay

olhippie
10-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Clay. Thanks for that info. It seems they are trying to make some money on us poor 60 drivers. I'll give it a shot without the new servo tray and see what happens. Thanks agian.

hippie