PDA

View Full Version : Pantera 50

Pages : 1 [2]

jbeech
02-24-2006, 01:09 AM
I've launched a new advertising campaign . . . a friendlier one I trust, on RunRyder. I'd like to solicit your opinions of this, the first in a series of adverts. I know you have an open mind, else you would participate in this forum.

http://www.helifreak.com/album_mod/upload/7a95f4d5f38be81c6d49bbb582370d08.jpg

As you can see from the photos these are the prototype frames for my new Pantera 50. It's not perfect, I know it . . . and I want to improve it. Thus, I would be obligated if you would take a few minutes of your time to to look over the bare-bones photos of her, and give me your ideas about how I can make it more servicable for you. This is the link:

http://www.audacitymodels.com/ftopict-158.html

Finally, please understand I ask here because I suspect your level of experience is higher (witness how very few on RR have even twigged to the significance of some of the details, i.e. the removable bearings blocks). Thse are, I believe, a first in a 50-class plastic fantastic. What this means, i.e. for convenience during repair, or the potential vis--vis changing gear ratios - which isn't generally found in this class of machine, has simply gone virtually unremarked over there.

Anyway, I am sure this detail won't get passed this crowd, but I rather suspect you'll perhaps have some things to tell me which I've overlooked. Naturally I've been playing this close to the vest, but now is the time to speak up (before I freeze the design and pull the trigger on manufacturing). Thank you very much.

solidsnake
02-24-2006, 03:01 AM
Janek no one asking you to buy a Tiger I'm sure John will be fine without your business. So get a life and go have fun with you Raptor :!:

Janek
02-24-2006, 03:52 AM
John Beech, that new advert is MUCH better, it's focus is on the positive side of your model, rather that the perceived negative side of someone elses model. :wink:

Solidsnake :roll:

ifheli
02-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Looks nice John...
I do agree you have a nice set of frames there.
Two things I keep thinking about are the retract servo and cooling shroud. Unless I over looked something, how will the step inside shroud affect cooling of larger engine when they are used. Can the shroud be modified and use a small plate to close the shroud down to top of smaller engine, as in hate to say it , like the R90SE. I know for now the design is more for the 50 class so mod may not be needed.
I`m still finding it hard to see how the retract servo will operate all wheels in that location. I aslo understand it may be designed to work just the front gear.

Keith

Greg Alderman
02-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I can't believe it took me all I said to say what DH put in a couple of sentences

Will...think you should stop using "DH" to refer to David! Because knowing David...the first thing that popped into my head when I saw "DH" wasn't "David Harkey"!!!! BWWAAAAAAAA!!!! :nanabobo :rolling :tongue

Nice looking bird John! Hope it does well!

WillJames
02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Whoops!! Harkey then.

Janek, no need to go anywhere, I agree, the new ads are very positive and stand on their own. Good for you John!!

BigVanVader
02-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Why are the TT guys in a fuss about these pics that John released?....it clearly states in the pics that it is a secret new ccpm Raptor 50...lol :mrgreen:

jbeech
02-25-2006, 10:37 AM
There you go Vance, stirring up the pot! I've discovered this is akin to wacking a hornet's nest on the side and then standing around to watch (instead of stepping back and waiting while they settle back down), so watch out or they'll target you, a semi-innocent bystander!

BigVanVader
02-25-2006, 10:54 AM
It was all in good fun John.Just found it amuzing that whoever snapped those pics automatically assumed that it was some NEW Raptor.

jbeech
02-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Hmmm, it's hard to say. Interpreting the original post, it seems to me the information was second hand (or third, or who knows how many). We've all played the game telephone as children, so we know what happens when the information passes through several people. Regardless, I was late to the game and wouldn't have said anything at all (and just let it die) but sharp eyed individuals spotted the Tiger heritage and thus, I began getting inquiries (which is how I learned what was afoot in the first place). I immediately realized I'd been dealt lemons and thus, started thinking about how to make some lemonade out of the situation. It doesn't take a genious to figure prematrely releasing this information has devastated Tiger 50 sales, but conspiracy theorists are like rabbits, i.e. they're everywhere and thus, the thread on RR devolved to one dominated by that ilk. Unsurprisingly, they simply didn't seem to realize the significance of some of the details, like removable bearing blocks - giving credence to the theory that RR consists by and large of 2-gallon experts, or keyboard pilots . . . an oft mentioned difference between RR and HF. Anyway, the observant (and the experienced) contacted me about getting a Pantera, the conspiracy theorists had a field day, and I went back to tending my business secure in knowing I'd done all I could do.

hoot
04-13-2006, 11:04 PM
JB your new advertising is smart.

Good shift.

jbeech
04-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Can't say I don't learn!

bmwstrat
03-12-2007, 11:02 PM
I think,That they are just worried about johns bird being better than theirs.If I were John,I would be proud that they would do this.Hey it all comes down to the product.... :dontknow