PDA

View Full Version : Blade mCX glow in the dark skids very brittle

Nyther
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, I was trying to remove the glow in the dark skids to do maintenance on my mCX, and the posts were a little snug in the frame. The front post popped off first, and this caused the back posts to snap clean off and in the frame. Wow, these skids are brittle. Also where the battery slides there are two white stress marks where the frame bends when inserting the battery. The good thing is that since I installed the o-rings on the skid posts, this gave me just enough post for my needle nose pliers to grab the post and remove it from the frame. Word of caution, do not man handle the skids or you will be sorry. Well, I am going to order another set, because they are so cool besides them being fragile.

Thanks,
Ken

CamshaftmCX
10-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Mine broke as well after the heli collided with a wall and dropped to the (carpeted) floor from about 5-6 feet up.

shaggybirdman
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
i think i'll stick to the stock parts. maybe the glow blades, but i don't really see a need to fly in the dark, but hey that's just me. i did get the white canopy, and tail. i'd love a orange, or clear canopy.

TheBum
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
I was perfectly able to fly my mCX in a darkened room with the sole light being whatever is leaking in from other rooms. The LED makes the canopy glow nicely, so I can easily determine orientation.

shaggybirdman
10-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I was perfectly able to fly my mCX in a darkened room with the sole light being whatever is leaking in from other rooms. The LED makes the canopy glow nicely, so I can easily determine orientation.

my thoughts as well.

TowPilot
10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
You have thoughts?

Me, I'm stuck with simply bouncing off walls...

PsychoKory
10-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Mine broke as well after the heli collided with a wall and dropped to the (carpeted) floor from about 5-6 feet up.

Same here, these glow in the dark skids are junk!

shaggybirdman
10-20-2008, 11:29 AM
how are the other GID parts holding up?

Ah Clem
10-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Anyone tried boiling the Glow In The Dark parts to see if they become more resiliant?

shaggybirdman
10-20-2008, 11:47 AM
worth a try, but i think it's just the type of plastic used.

Nyther
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
So far everything else that is GID is holding up well. A couple of crashes and one where the GID blades hit a drawer handle and all is well. Only a tiny dent on the leading edge of one blade that hit the drawer handle. So the only brittle GID part is the skids. I have the GID frame, but that will be changed once my motors need replacing.

Ken