PDA

View Full Version : TREX 250 RELEASED !!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

rappyrex14
10-23-2008, 05:49 PM
aligns really never need actual tweaks to fly well in stock form- unlike the gaui.
reguardless what most think- aligns are pretty much bind and fly. set up is a breeze.
the gaui took me alot of work to get flying well. it took many non-formal mods etc to get it pretty locked.

i vote the align will fly better box stock.
high hopes here

blahblah9
10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
my gaui 200 has flown good stock, got a battery tray on front, but other than that, it was bind and fly

HilliHeli
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
aligns really never need actual tweaks to fly well in stock form- unlike the gaui.
reguardless what most think- aligns are pretty much bind and fly. set up is a breeze.
the gaui took me alot of work to get flying well. it took many non-formal mods etc to get it pretty locked.

i vote the align will fly better box stock.
high hopes here

Very Well Put, Gotta' Local guy here that has put "countless-hours" into fitting, tuning to get the performance he likes. He had just installed the MH CNC Main/Tail grips, along with the CNC Slider (Tail). 5150kv. BL Outrunner motor gives HS around 4000RPM. He had a set of SAB CF Mains that were going-on next. I've seen quite a few 300 sized Main blades that he's "put-under-the-knife" :shock:

outerlimits
10-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Very Well Put, Gotta' Local guy here that has put "countless-hours" into fitting, tuning to get the performance he likes. He had just installed the MH CNC Main/Tail grips, along with the CNC Slider (Tail). 5150kv. BL Outrunner motor gives HS around 4000RPM. He had a set of SAB CF Mains that were going-on next. I've seen quite a few 300 sized Main blades that he's "put-under-the-knife" :shock: __________________
Blade CP/Pro, 4100kv./CC Phoenix-10/G90/DSM2
Jken Compy 300, 4100kv./CC Phoenix-10/G90/DSM2
T-Rex 450SE V1.5, Neu 1107H w/CC-45ESC
CC Castle link'd, CY Radix' and V's
Now Tuning; T-Rex 500CF, DX7/AR7000

I think that's a bit much. Could the tail be improved yes, but the stock works just look at youtube. even micro heli just kept the same design and made the hole thing cnc . A bit heavy with tighter tolerances. Your right it would of been nice to have carbon fiber blades. But is that a must? The wood blades are 200mm for the scale a 200mm wood blade is pretty stiff compared to larger 300 ~ 400 size wood blades. Also None of the after market blade manufactures were producing blades so you have to look at the cost Effectiveness for someone to produce a carbon blade for a single helli. So I don't think gaui would do it. What would the price be if they did, would the price be 30~40 at the quantity of how many 200 size heli on the market. But I think that's going to change the way the 200 class is booming. But untel that happens I think I will stay with the $8 wood blades. As for the motor Come on thats a natural evolution of the class. Where Men Damit MORE POWER. Look at your list of your helis, They dont look very stock. Now are those helis bad designs or are you just trying to get the most out of them?

Didn't it take at least three or four versions and a few mods before the Trex was that final out of the box flyer. So every line has it's growing pains. Also a lot of the mods that gaui owners have made are Improvements to Make it a better flyer. They are not must have to make it flyable or to make it fly 3d. We also have to look how much the 200 size market has grown in the time. It's been a Pretty small niche market. We are just now starting to see electronics that are intended for this size hell. The gaui V2 looks pretty sweet, It LOOKS LIKE a lot of new ideas were put into it to make it's own helli not a scaled down version of something else. "I'm not talking about just the trex, so don't jump on me to bad" I think the biggest problem with the GAUI is it's price. I don't think I'm going to spend another $350 for a 200 size heli there is just too many other Lager nicer helis that can get my money.

Now am I excited to see how The trex200 turns out....HELL YEAH:Bang The Price , the distribution of parts supplies and Align makes a good products. But I am not going to be one of the first to get one because if its not as good we all hope it is. I will be sure glad I have my Gaui.

Thanks
Outerlimits
Jake

HilliHeli
10-24-2008, 03:14 AM
I Agree with you on being "a bit much", and won't argue on the price of the Gaui or it's Aftermarket parts prices. It's a solid 3D Bird in it's stock-form, no doubt. I see the prices on the used Gaui's dropping (slightly) around the Boards/Forums lately, I almost took the plunge and bought one but, my Heli skills aren't as advanced as the pilot's mentioned in the above post. One of the other factors for not purchasing (a Gaui) was the point you made about too many other (Larger) Heli's that you would rather put your $ in, I went this very route and purchased the T-Rex 500 I'm working on now :YeaBaby:
I'm probably going to have to part-out my Micros (the ONLY way to get any kind of $ back out of them at this point) and thin the fleet in order to fund the Rex-250 project but, I'm still looking forward to getting one to work on (tweek) and fly (indoors and out).

t-driver
10-24-2008, 04:32 AM
my Gaui 200 also flew right out of the box. (did a motor upgrade later)

as for wich will fly better,
i think they are too similar to make a big difference.
it's like asking what flyes better, a rex v2 or a copterX v2 ....
so it will come down to weight,boom lenght,and blade size...which isn't final on the rex-250.

Tom Burgess
10-24-2008, 06:51 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0iTH_gp-Zrc

sonofcar
10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0iTH_gp-Zrc

sweet:noteworthy

CeeveeSiN
10-24-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm going to say the T-rex 250, Not just because its a T-rex or from align, but because it's coming from it being newer in design. I'm pretty sure they were listening to all the problems that the Gaui 200 users were having as well. Not to mention that Gaui didn't really do much for their 200 until the sjm 180, Gaui 200 and the T-rex 250 threatened to take the entire market and now they decide to work on a v2 .

I mean honestly that's just what happens to old designs, just look at the T-rex 450 . While it is still a great heli, there are newer models that offer superior performance to it Like the G5, Beam E4 and Furion

V2 Gaui 200 gonna eat the Trex250... the amount of tech in the V2 puts the little rex back in the stoneage..
not to mention the V2 FBL..

felborn
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
V2 Gaui 200 gonna eat the Trex250... the amount of tech in the V2 puts the little rex back in the stoneage..
not to mention the V2 FBL..

The Trex250 is hardly the first helicopter to come from Align. I would be surprised if the Gaui would surpass the Trex250, but noone knows for sure until both are shipped and experienced. Personaly I like the fact that the Trex is a weee bit bigger, think that will help on the overall experience and feel.

s0laris
10-24-2008, 12:37 PM
its like the size of a blade CP.. not that small..

not small enough to really fly indoors..

Scotty T
10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Blade CP :rolling

Yea buy one and upgrade the $hit out of it until it's really no longer a blade cp.

Then it will fly nice.

Waste of money.

s0laris
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I didnt say blade cp was an option.. Just comparing sizes..

Scotty T
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I know, i'm just spreading my bitterness towards my first heli purchase and mistake.

No offense to you.

HilliHeli
10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Blade CP :rolling

Yea buy one and upgrade the $hit out of it until it's really no longer a blade cp.

Then it will fly nice.

Waste of money.

I know what you mean, with all the CNC parts that are available it's very tempting to keep putting (or dumping) $ into one.

asdf1234
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
you guys all seem to be forgetting about the GAUI 100ep!!!

iflymyhelishigh
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
It isn't much smaller than the 200...

s0laris
11-04-2008, 03:37 PM
that new walkera is much smaller the 4g3 or soemthing like that

http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/walkera-4g3-smallest-3d-heli-pictures-und-specs-t16404.html

A 200 class cannot really be flown inside a house.

even the 4g3 is *iffy*

The Steve-O
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I read a review of the Firefox 100, has anyone flown that?

dizzymarkus
11-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Have some reading about the FF100: Have fun!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826436

Markus

ssp711
11-11-2008, 03:27 AM
Check out guyz,
The 250 is on it's way! :clappp

Bob I think it's time for a 250 forum :)

serge

It is great helicopter, and I found a HK site is selling at 10% off.

http://www.rc-fever.com/align-helicopter-align-trex-250-kit-c-179_314.html?ref=1

eightythree
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
that new walkera is much smaller the 4g3 or soemthing like that

http://www.heliguy.com/Forum/walkera-4g3-smallest-3d-heli-pictures-und-specs-t16404.html

A 200 class cannot really be flown inside a house.

even the 4g3 is *iffy*

wow a collective palm size.. any more info on this one?

s0laris
11-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I have no more info.

the Gaui 200 EP has a New V2 that is also just released.. a bit smaller than Align 250 and parts are cheap cheap cheap.

So many options.. what to do !

Gr4yb3ard
11-11-2008, 10:38 AM
So many helis, so little time!

The EP 100 is primarily plastic, as was the <original> Walkera 4#3.

Some people have gotten them flying, but with caveats on the setup problems.

I spent a lot of time trying to get a plastic 4#3 running with little success. I have, though seen a metal head version of the 4#3 fly pretty well.

So, I'd take a look at the 4g3 if it ever comes out, even pounce on one if it's a metal head version.

But for now, the Gaui-200 is a proven, respected heli, and while the Align 250 is the new kid on the block, there's not much doubt it's a winner. And of course we have the mCX being the real contender for indoor (though not 3d) flying.

At least you will know that you can get one of these flying!

***yb3ard