PDA

View Full Version : Blade MCX Challenge - Lexington, KY

realdeal
10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Anybody in the Lexington, KY area interested in having some serious fun with the Blade MCX check this out. We are setting up a ringed obstacle course, limbo pylon course and drag racing lanes on our race track. We'll hold the first event on Sunday, November 9th. If it goes over well there will be additional events to come.

I have been testing the obstacle course and it is hilarious. I can't believe how much abuse these little helicopters take. I'll get some pictures of the course after we have it completed.

When: Sunday, November 9th
Time: 12PM Registration, 1PM Challenge Begins
Where: Speeders Hobby Center - Lexington, KY

For more information and rules see: www.mcxchallenge.com (http://www.mcxchallenge.com/)

gofer303
10-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Anybody in the Lexington, KY area interested in having some serious fun with the Blade MCX check this out. We are setting up a ringed obstacle course, limbo pylon course and drag racing lanes on our race track. We'll hold the first event on Sunday, November 9th. If it goes over well there will be additional events to come.

I have been testing the obstacle course and it is hilarious. I can't believe how much abuse these little helicopters take. I'll get some pictures of the course after we have it completed.

When: Sunday, November 9th
Time: 12PM Registration, 1PM Challenge Begins
Where: Speeders Hobby Center - Lexington, KY

For more information and rules see: www.mcxchallenge.com (http://www.mcxchallenge.com/)

I have a home made hoop made out of newspaper and tape. Have it mounted to the stairs railing and I agree that it is a challenge at first as the hoop measures about 13 inches and I sit about 10 feet away. The fun is already there you just have to find a way to get it out!!!
Damn I just checked out the web page for that event and you guys got it going on!!!! Whish I was closer it would be even fun to just watch. Thanks for the post most excellent!

realdeal
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Our rings are made out of pipe insulating foam. They are light enough that the helicopter can bounce without crashing most times. We are using neon tape to color them. The diameter is about 20" and the course will range from just a few feet to over 20 feet away. It's coming together really well and I'll try to get some pictures and possibly video soon.

gofer303
10-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Our rings are made out of pipe insulating foam. They are light enough that the helicopter can bounce without crashing most times. We are using neon tape to color them. The diameter is about 20" and the course will range from just a few feet to over 20 feet away. It's coming together really well and I'll try to get some pictures and possibly video soon.

I certainly hope there will be plenty of videos taken!!! I have newspaper for a hoop cause that's what I had laying around at the time and the idea just kinda popped into the fore brain! :noteworthy

shaggybirdman
10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
that's way cool. a competition already, and the bird is still under a month old.

realdeal
10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Here is a picture of the obstacle course. The layout can easily be changed but you get the idea.

shaggybirdman
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I certainly hope there will be plenty of videos taken!!! I have newspaper for a hoop cause that's what I had laying around at the time and the idea just kinda popped into the fore brain! :noteworthy

what did ya do. fold it into strips then join the ends. pic please.

gofer303
10-23-2008, 09:55 PM
what did ya do. fold it into strips then join the ends. pic please.

:( Sorry the digital cam is dead! I took 2 sheets of newspaper and left about 6 inches of them together and simply started to fold them at first and then got lazy and rolled them as long ways as I could, Then just put some tape on the rolled up paper and tape it down to a handy surface. Mine is on a staircase railing so I have had to go down a flight of steps tp pick it back up and try again!!!!

gofer303
10-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Here is a picture of the obstacle course. The layout can easily be changed but you get the idea.
:noteworthy Man that is too cooll I wish I had a room that big so I could set one up I see that the color coding of the hoops really could get interesting real fast .... espically if they were to be called out reversed at random!