RC Helicopter News and More!
News - Skookum SK-720 FBL Software Updates / Version 2.00
Posted 12-16-2010 at 11:59 PM by Bri
Skookum SK-720 FBL Software Updates / Version 2.00
Here you can Download the most up to date installer package, which includes
Rev 2.00 SK720 Setup Software
Rev 2.00 SK720 Playback Utility
Rev 2.00 SK720 Manual
December 14, 2010
SK-720 Software Rev 2.00 - RELEASE NOTES - PLEASE READ
* The SK720 will automatically upgrade your setup file to the new format, but be sure to check it over yourself to be sure everything is ok.
* Due to a change in the tail-control, you must re-set up your tail so that the tail blades are at ZERO pitch in setup mode with the stick centred.
* Spektrum users can now force the SK720 to use 1024/22ms mode or 2048/11ms mode. The SK720 used to use the best available mode, but now you can choose manually. This is provided due to (unconfirmed) rumours of a bug in the spektrum high-res mode itself (not the SK720!). You must re-bind after changing spektrum modes!
* Remember to update your LCD unit as well, through the Utility menu
* To use the S-BUS input option, you will need a small, low cost adapter. This will be available through Helidirect by December 15, 2010.
Also coming soon:
* Powerful new graphing utility for log files
* Governor for both electric and nitro powered helis
Changes to the Firmware for rev 2.00:
* Improved self-leveling performance
* Improved flight-log reliability
* Improved tail performance
* Futaba S-Bus compatibility
* Jeti/Robbe PPM input compatibility
* Graupner/JR Satellite Receiver compatibility
* Choice of 1024 res / 22ms or 2048 res / 11ms Spektrum/JR mode (it used to default to the best available by itself, this gives you the option).
* One additional aux output for scale helis (bringing it to 4 total), output on the SW-A port (not available for 4-servo-swash helis).
* Fixed a startup bug re aux outputs (affected some scale helis)
* SK720 will no longer reset after disconnecting the SK-LCD Terminal
* Low-voltage error option for 2S lipos, so the unit can warn you to not fly on a dead battery
* Several small bug fixes
Changes to the Setup Software for rev 2.00:
* Easier, faster radio setup - 10 seconds, not 10 minutes.
* The wizards are greatly improved - about 1/3 the setup time!
* Basic mode is much clearer & easier to use.
* Improved gain channel mapping
* Voltage & RPM sensor debugging data show in setup software & LCD terminal
* Easier, and more reliable SK-LCD updating
* You can copy cyclic & tail settings to another tab, or load them from a setup file
* In the view menu, you can open a box that will show you the servo bus voltage and an RPM sensor indicator (it toggles once per rev).
* Several other small bug fixes.
Changes to the LCD Software for rev 2.00:
* "Basic" mode, with much simpler menus (optional, select in the System menu).
* You can now format the micro-SD card from the LCD terminal
* Supports more setup options
Changes to the Playback Software for rev 2.00:
* More reliable and accurate playback
* Recognizes SK720 log files, and automatically plays them back if they're clicked.
Source: Skookum Robotics
Total Comments 0