HeliFreak

HeliFreak (https://www.helifreak.com/)
-   700 Class Electric Helicopters (https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   F3c (https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=395086)

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 07:06 AM

F3c

Anyone else flying the f3c combo? I have an opportunity to pick one up for 879.00 v2 sealed combo. I think it's a steal but I would need to set it up as is for now. Anyone have thoughts on this kit. I like flybar less for its stability, but I imagine this thing is pretty stable.

NC_2_VA 03-14-2012 07:59 AM

The F3C version is super stable and at that price I don't think you can go wrong on a combo kit. I say go for it!

Scorny 03-14-2012 10:21 AM

Dude,thats a good price.
I just finish building mine and boy is it pretty....
It's the heaviest in the Align 700 class and since yours is the version 2,all you will need to go FBL is the DFC head,no need for the extra blabe grips and of cause a FBL unit(electronic).
The heli itself is 3D capable,you can adjust the head and flybar,weight wise.
Enjoy and keep as posted.

sarah1097 03-14-2012 12:45 PM

That is a really good price if it is still sealed and new and is really the v2 that comes with the 120hv v2 as well. I have only had mine for about a 2 months now total and I paid 1200 for mine for the basic setup. It has more then enough power for you to do what you want with it. I also have the fly barred version and I prefer it over the flybarless version. This is super stable very smooth and very fast right out of the box. I also have my head set up for all of the fastest, less stable and it is still super super stable.

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 02:42 PM

I'm a little curious as to why the f3c weighs more.
Except for the head I thought they were the same. F3c is flybarred 3gx is not. The idea that the f3c is a lot heavier makes me want to go the 3gx route as others have done.
I will not use the 3gx though.
I will instead use the 7200bx as I have on my 550e v2.

Scorny 03-14-2012 03:06 PM

^^^^^^ Well,think about it again before purchasing.
The F3C heli is competition heli and was purposely built for that.Its bigger,heavier and actually longer I believe.All this is for stability and they gave you the option to tune it for 3D,but not that 'robotic' 3D you see some fellas perform....:).
I thought you will have looked into this already...lol
I bought mine,because thats exactely what I wanted,I'm a nood and wanted that stability,not a big fan of the extreme 3D.I prefer the graceful flying and yet a bigger bird.
I just bought the DFC head upgrade but now I'm contemplating,I love the look of this F3C beast....:peace

Mustang Fever 03-14-2012 04:20 PM

Wish I coulda got mine for that price. The difference is a pair of 4.0 batteries.

I've heard the F3C is more stable than the 3Gs, but someday that won't be true, as improvements are constantly being made to the FBL electronics.

I do know that the F3C can be setup to hover hands off in calm conditions.

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 04:56 PM

That's what got me interested in the f3c helicopter was the super stable nature of f3c flying. I don't do 3d I am just now flying halfway decent circuits. I didn't realize it was that much heavier. I just assumed the difference was one was flybarred and one was flybarless. Up until now I was looking for the best possible price I could get on the 3gx model.
Since I came across this deal on the f3c I can't really pass it up. I was about to throw 1500 dollars out for the combo, with batteries, and a beast x.
I would be foolish to pay that big a difference for the flybarless now. I can eventually switch if want.
Is anyone using the stock gyro? Can we make it work?

NC_2_VA 03-14-2012 05:43 PM

The F3C has the heavier FB paddels, heavier main blades, bigger horizontal and vertical fins, and the canopy is a little bigger. That's the only weight difference I can think of.

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 05:54 PM

Oh that's good. I looked them both over and those were the only differences I saw. So if I decide to go fbl it's not that much different. That makes me feel better. Just a dfc kit and a fbl controller. I could sell the extra head components on here and recoup the cost of the dfc.

Mustang Fever 03-14-2012 08:01 PM

The stock gyro can be made to work ok. Blade balance and overall smoothness are important. I made a square piece of steel to mount to the bottom plate, and then mounted the gyro at the corners only with small pieces of double sticky, almost directly underneath the main shaft.

I had to set the delay to "red", maximum before the tail settled down. I now have the gain up to 65% and it's still smooth.

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 08:48 PM

I did it. I ordered it. I paid 894 after shipping. Version 2. She will ship tomorrow. Thanks for your input everyone. I am sure I'll have some comments and questions during the build.

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Fever (Post 3750672)
The stock gyro can be made to work ok. Blade balance and overall smoothness are important. I made a square piece of steel to mount to the bottom plate, and then mounted the gyro at the corners only with small pieces of double sticky, almost directly underneath the main shaft.

I had to set the delay to "red", maximum before the tail settled down. I now have the gain up to 65% and it's still smooth.

Is that true gain 65 or dx6i heading hold 50-100 65=30 gain?
Also what do you mean mounting it by the corners?

Hoosiermo1 03-14-2012 09:10 PM

Also. I'm thinking of switching straight to beast x fbl with dfc head. What could I get out of my stock unused head and gyro? Minus the grips. Any ideas how I would fair?

Scorny 03-14-2012 09:19 PM

^^^^^^^^^ You can always sell them to re-coupe some money,Hell,I might even offer you some 'mulla' for the head and flybar if you decide to sell them.
There ain't much you can do with them if you are going FBL.

Mustang Fever 03-14-2012 09:54 PM

Hoosier:

65% gain in HH on Futaba 6EX system. No clue how that relates to spektrum.

Instead of putting a square piece of sticky foam between the gyro and the plate, I used four little "dots" of foam, maybe 1/4" in diameter. Results in less vibration transmitted to the gyro from the plate, while the heavy plate soaks up most of it. Read that here somewhere. Seems to work pretty well.

NC_2_VA 03-14-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosiermo1 (Post 3750866)
Also. I'm thinking of switching straight to beast x fbl with dfc head. What could I get out of my stock unused head and gyro? Minus the grips. Any ideas how I would fair?

You will also need a set of fbl main blades.

Hoosiermo1 03-17-2012 03:24 PM

I've decided to build mine stock flybarred f3c for now and am wandering what everyone did as far as flybar weights. I'm curious who is using steel vs aluminum. Or anyone who has tried both and how it affected the flight characteristics.
I'm using all of the more aggressive settings except for "flybar effectiveness" which I have set at more affective.
Please let me know your thoughts on this.

sarah1097 03-17-2012 10:09 PM

I used the alum jit is very very very stable. Give it a try either way you can do a simple adjust.

Hoosiermo1 03-17-2012 10:13 PM

The instructions show them being glued on. That's why I was asking. It seems pretty permanent. Did you epoxy them on like instructions suggest?