Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
olemil
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your SR today?

I thought maybe this might be a good thread to start if it hasn't already since it is a big hit on the Jeep forum. Today I re-checked the blade pitch after installing my new Microheli swash last night. Now I am ready to spool it up to see if my blade tracking changed and then give it a test hover. I have a blade balancer on the way Friday so that will be my next project. I bought a sewing cutting mat at Wally's tonight to use for my repair platform and it also has a nice grid on it for using Finless Bob's blade balancing technique. Really getting anxious for warm weather to get here so I won't be cramped in the garage anymore trying to learn how to fly this puppy.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, DJI Flamewheel F450 w/Naza/GPS, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Souskei
Registered Users

Today I tried to make my servo push rods as straight as possible (from the servos ro the swash) after installing 3 hitec hs65s .. Still can't get it perfectly straight.
Souskei is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
el guapo
Registered Users

1. I hovered in my living room, two packs.
2. discovered how flexible the frame is
3. contemplated building a trex250
4. charged batteries
5. flew simulator. simulated the destruction of about $20K worth of helicopters.
6. decided to keep flying the SR.
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
apexx
Registered Users

I continued down the John Shipley path with my SR. Intalled the DDVP tail last night and did some work trying to dial it in. Hovered most of a pack in a very tight space, and was starting to think I would wreck it so switched and did about 30 minutes of SIM time, also wrecked up a couple thousand dollars in virtual aircraft.
apexx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
apexx
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souskei View Post
Today I tried to make my servo push rods as straight as possible (from the servos ro the swash) after installing 3 hitec hs65s .. Still can't get it perfectly straight.
Those HiTecs are a popular servo, I am looking forward to your flight report.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
Loonie
Registered Users

I looked at it, looked out the window, sighed, then muttered various expletives at winter.
Loonie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
GeKu
Registered Users

I looked at her this morning and asked, "why are you so blue in the face." She answered "cause that's how I came from factory." I told her she was a nice looking bird and her eyes lit up bright as white led's and then she started blushing so bright she looked like she lit up with red led's... ...Oh, wait, that's because she's hooked up for night flying.

Checked the weather channel and I may be able to get her out on Sunday sometime. Supposed to be above freezing. So, there she sits on a shelf, waitning for a warm, calm spring day.
GeKu is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
apexx
Registered Users

GeKu, sounds like you had a nice romantic fireside chat with your SR...did she behave any better after that glass of champaigne? LOL!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #9
cwinma
Registered Users

I crashed.02
cwinma is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
highrpm666
Registered Users

I broke my JST charger lead last night when in the middle of my front yard flying session and can't charge my batteries till I go to the lhs today. Too bad its blowing 20mph outside today and I wouldn't dare take it up with my experience level.

highrpm666 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
olemil
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Didn't do anything to the SR but I did give her a new DX8. Really looking forward to getting it all set up with this and see how it performs!
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, DJI Flamewheel F450 w/Naza/GPS, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
apexx
Registered Users

Decided to get in a quick hover in the garage, ended up clipping the blades on the metal firewood holder. *sigh* Another set of blades and a feathering shaft go on this weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
blade-man
Registered Users

Took my SR to church last Wednesday nite for Ash Wednesday services. No - I did not take it to the altar for prayer - had already arranged with my pastor for an exocism after his service ( mine had taken to pissing out green pea soup shortly after liftoff which was usually just a few seconds before it's next crash ) ! ! ! ! ! !
blade-man is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
SgtSmackaho
Registered Users

Bought a brand new SR yesterday and too much wind to fly so I had to wait till it was calmer this morning.
Got about one pack thru it and let my friend take the sticks.
Ill give you two guesses what happened and the first one dont count...
Long story short for once I wasnt the first to crash a new bird LOL
Wasnt too bad but considering this is my first CP the head was a bit intimidating to tackle.
One blade grip and link, tail boom, and a main gear.
Got it all apart and realized I needed a feathering shaft as well but LHS was already closed.
Straightened it out as best as I could and can get it off the ground but it just isnt getting enough pitch.
Im sure the feathering shaft is the culprit but cant help but wonder if I missed something putting it back together.
Any input/tips would be appreciated
THANKS
SgtSmackaho is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
jcflyer
Registered Users

Well late last night after discovering that my pitch was way off!!! Like eight turns on two of the links and nine turns on the other one, I was able to get the tail to hold after plugging in the yellow wire. Today I am going to bind it to my DX7 and try to hover.

Jay
jcflyer is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #16
olemil
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Picked up a new tail boom and tail motor mount so I can get busy rebuilding my SR tonight. I also got a B400 damper kit to stiffen up the grips. So can I just replace the stock o-rings in the head with the B400 ones using the same shim set up or won't that work? Never mind, I just found the link to the step washer/B400 o-ring mod. TIA
Old 03-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #17
highrpm666
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSmackaho View Post
Bought a brand new SR yesterday and too much wind to fly so I had to wait till it was calmer this morning.
Got about one pack thru it and let my friend take the sticks.
Ill give you two guesses what happened and the first one dont count...
Long story short for once I wasnt the first to crash a new bird LOL
Wasnt too bad but considering this is my first CP the head was a bit intimidating to tackle.
One blade grip and link, tail boom, and a main gear.
Got it all apart and realized I needed a feathering shaft as well but LHS was already closed.
Straightened it out as best as I could and can get it off the ground but it just isnt getting enough pitch.
Im sure the feathering shaft is the culprit but cant help but wonder if I missed something putting it back together.
Any input/tips would be appreciated
THANKS
Rule #1 of r/c heli ownership: DO NOT let your friends fly it. Only exception is if they are an experienced heli pilot and/or they are helping you set it up etc.

I have a friend who started flying the same day as me that constantly asks if he can try my Sr and I tell him as soon as you can tail in hover/takeoff and land in clearview I MIGHT let you try it. As of now he can't even hover the Msr in one spot after a month and a half of owning it, he has the worst hand eye coordination of just about anyone I've ever known! lol even funnier is the fact that he just bought a 450!

highrpm666 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #18
DALE313
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCArms View Post
Is it suppose to look like this???

OF COURSE NOT YOU NUTTER YOU HAVE NO BLADES APART FROM THAT THOUGH YOU LOOK GOOD TO GO LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrpm666 View Post
Rule #1 of r/c heli ownership: DO NOT let your friends fly it. Only exception is if they are an experienced heli pilot and/or they are helping you set it up etc.

I have a friend who started flying the same day as me that constantly asks if he can try my Sr and I tell him as soon as you can tail in hover/takeoff and land in clearview I MIGHT let you try it. As of now he can't even hover the Msr in one spot after a month and a half of owning it, he has the worst hand eye coordination of just about anyone I've ever known! lol even funnier is the fact that he just bought a 450!
OH NO somebodys in for some trouble lol
DALE313 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
PCArms
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALE313 View Post
OF COURSE NOT YOU NUTTER YOU HAVE NO BLADES APART FROM THAT THOUGH YOU LOOK GOOD TO GO LOL

OH NO somebodys in for some trouble lol
Blades? Is't that what those little BLACK things are?
I got this off eBay this way and the guy said it few great the last time he had it out?
PCArms is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
DKS_ONE
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dam rights it flew great, flew great right into something! It must have been flying great cuz it flew fast enough into something to bust up the frame lol! Hey, looks like whoever owned it was enjoying it (or they were really p!$$ed off and ran over it with their truck).
DX8
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DKS_ONE is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR