Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

Old 07-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Lynbird
Registered Users

Default mCP X weighted blades

Ladies,
Since I know some of you also have these I thought I would share.
Something I learned this weekend and thought I would pass it on to anyone not aware. The weight that goes into the bullet on the blades is inserted into a hole close to the top of the bullet. I got my husband a mCP X for his birthday and he put the weighted blades on. During his 2nd flight as I was sitting there watching him I heard something bounce off the glass of the picture over my head. He spooled down and we looked at the heli and the end of the bullet on one blade was blown out. Surprise! So I got my mCP X which as been crashed a lot and needs new blades and found one of my blades had the bullet top blown out also. I had added tape to the other blade thinking it was a balance problem.
So now, taking a hint from the forum, we have CA'd the around the top of the bullet on every blade. I also sent a note to Horizon. Take a look at yours.
Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010014.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	240870  

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Tam_T
Registered Users

Thanks Lynne, I will be checking mine tonight. By the way, I made my maiden flight of the FBL 550E. My hands were shaking like crazy! I have to go into work early tomorrow so I'm going to bring a heli to fly after I get my early morning task done!

Thanks again for the info!

Tam
Tam_T is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Lynbird
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great on the maiden! So how did you like it? Was it more stable than what you are used to? I hate that shaking thing. As soon as I get out of my comfort zone it starts. I see the Helifreak Fly-in is in your backyard. Are you going?

Lynne

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Tam_T
Registered Users

OMG, it was crazy stable! I love it! I took it to work today and flew a pack (I only have one 6S right now). I know I have the shakes because I haven't flown it but a couple of times so all should be good as I get more comfortable.

I actually tried a flip with the mCP X Sunday, all I can say is that TH worked and I just had to push the main gear up for all to be back to normal.

I also took the MT out this morning. There is a lot of crap on the clearing at work, like rocks, sticks, etc. I noticed on my last flight a clicking noise. My tail blades had hit one of the rocks in the clearing when I landed and the auto rotation gear has a few shaved teeth. The tail blades don't look so good either. No biggie.

I had no idea there was going to be another event down here in SoCal. That's awesome! I'm thinking of bringing the RV and camping over on Friday. Thanks so much for the info! I may have to a get an AMA card and fly just to represent!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!

- tam

Last edited by Tam_T; 07-19-2011 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: Typos
Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
sarah1097

Location: From Utah, transferred from u of u to u of washington

how do you like fly barless compared to fly bar. I really want to get one but some say it is better and easier to fly others say it is not harder but just different and takes a day to get use to? what is your opinion on it?
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Tam_T
Registered Users

Well I have only flown 2 packs through the FBL 550E, but I must say it is super stable with the beastX. I haven't flown in any wind yet, which is the main reason I wanted to go flybarless. I fly at work sometimes and it get pretty gusty. I also like that there are far fewer head parts. I'll let you know more once I get more flying time in.

tam

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies