Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
bmwguy
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your Blade 450 today?

If this thread already exists forgive me but I tried a search with some basic words and nothing came up. And I think a lot can be learned from these threads. So...

What did you do to your Blade 450 today?

I flew eight packs through him today. Well one of them. I have twin Blade 450s. Sometimes I'm a sucker for a great deal and somehow wound up with two.

Anyway, they're great helis. I started doing pirouettes with one earlier in the week and just kept them up at the flypark today. I am still a little nervous to crash but not near as jittery as I am about my T-REX 500.

And I'm really impressed with the responsiveness of the Blade 450 product. Not everything Blade (or E-Flite) makes is great, but IMO they nailed it with the 450.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Luie
Registered Users

Im very happy with my B450... Didnt get to fly today looking for some replacement servors for it. Stripped out 2 of them. Factory replacement gears are on a 2.5 week backorder, Fail...
Futaba T8FGH Super...
Luie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
helihope

loving mine and flew about 6 packs thru it today...

just tuning it up some her is some clips edited to make a single video.
helihope is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Boneweasel
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I flew 2 packs in heavy winds today (heavy for me anyways). Decided not to push my luck past that. It was scary and fun at the same time!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
InFocus
Registered Users

I had my first B450 altercation with the ground. I was just playing around in the open spot my yard, which is pretty much just big enough to do some hovering around and a bit of forward flight, but it's all surrounded by clumps of trees etc..

5 feet off the ground,
A little gust of wind while I was side on pushed it away from me, and I didn't realise it until it had left the open area and was in between several trees. My first action to pull it back out was wrong, I needed to move helicopter left out, and instead went backwards, and because the space was so tight, I panic'd and another habit from mCPX took over and I just hit throttle hold.

I continued to fly it, but did have a blade hit the ground and the heli ended up on it's trex 500 skids right side up..

Damage report. Bent feathering shaft... thats it..

I got off really lucky. Just after hitting TH, I thought that was a big mistake to hit TH because it's not an mcpx and won't just flutter to the ground with no damage. I think in this specific instance it 'by luck' was the right thing to do and saved it from more damage.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
imbastos
Registered Users

I flipped it!
imbastos is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
wbefield
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have previously added cf blades and kbdd paddles and tail rotors. Today, I flew it without the flybar weights! Man, it totally changed the way it flew. It is so much more agile now. Love it!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
skymonkey
Registered Users

i have the same set up. 65mgs and a jr3500g. yesterday i installed a cc bec. the motor doesn't even get warm now. i loved the b450 right out of the box. i can't believe how much better it is now.

my next mod will be a spartan quark.
skymonkey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
upankatz
Registered Users

Mines on the shelf today, got a small tracking issue, didnt feel like looking at it. Sooo i put a few packs threw my 450pro instead, yeah baby....
Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #10
7kings
Registered Users

I put six packs through it today at the flying field. Wind was up, but it made for an exhilarating session. Spent most of the time just practicing my hovering, but brought it home in one piece, so it was a good day. Tomorrow's a holiday, so I'll be up there again in the morning...
Spektrum DX8
7kings is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
Squenards
Registered Users

Default What did you do to your Blade 450 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymonkey View Post
i have the same set up. 65mgs and a jr3500g. yesterday i installed a cc bec. the motor doesn't even get warm now. i loved the b450 right out of the box. i can't believe how much better it is now.

my next mod will be a spartan quark.
What are, "65mgs" and "cc bec" please? I'm obviously a newbie and curious. Thanks!
Squenards is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
spacecowboyz
Registered Users

hi tech mg servos. they have metal gears survives a crash better. cc bec castle creations battrey eliminator circit.
spacecowboyz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
bmwguy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just charged up two of my batteries in hopes that I'll get a chance to fly a little tomorrow...
Old 09-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
sirjorj
Registered Users

I hovered two packs using the Advanced profile for the DX8 instead of the Intermediate one. Hopefully soon I will be brave enough to try something more than a hover. I had just snapped the tail boom of my mCPX in a crash so I was exceptionally careful.

jorj
sirjorj is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #15
JohnnyV52
Registered Users

Just finished looking the heli over... 10-12 flights on her now. 7 of those today. Finally what a good day. Only the second day since I've been able to fly it. Man, I gotta get some more batteries soon!
JohnnyV52 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #16
bmwguy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flew about four packs through it. I've started flying in idle up so I'm tossing it down to the ground quickly and then switching to some positive pitch for some fun vertical maneuvers, before we touch the ground of course.

The batteries also work in my newly acquired T-28D so they have to split the flight time at the flypark now. Although if I bring my chargers I have yet to run myself out of power at the field if managed properly.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
Blade120
Registered Users

I replaced the stock gyro with a Quark, wont be able to test her out until I replace one of my messed up servos.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
[Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Scorpion, ICE100,MSH Brain, Radix] [Goblin 700 Comp Kontronik, BK, 4525, Ikon ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Outrage, Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, Edge SE 712 [Goblin 500] Ikon
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #18
Being
Registered Users

I finally hovered successfully without damaging either of my models. 5 batteries in all and both helis are still in tact. I can fly again tomorrow without repairing anything.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #19
escsniper
Registered Users

Default Got my carbon fiber stabilizers ... but.

Just ordered a set of carbon fiber horizontal and vertical stabilizers for my 450. They are original Blade parts, but they don't fit worth a darn. The screw holes in the vertical stabilizer don't match up to the tail case, and the horizontal stabilizer is extremely loose. Wondering if I just got a bad vertical stabilizer. And gotta figure out if I can shim the horizontal stabilizer somehow to snug it up. Any thoughts???
escsniper is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #20
Blade120
Registered Users

Read in another post that those parts are intended to be used with the metal upgrades
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help