Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
RyanF
Registered Users

Default new to 6-ch

Hello, I have been flying small 4-channel helis for some time, specifically the megatech housefly 2. I want to get into 6-ch helis and I have seen many things about the trex450's. It seems like the best heli to get because it has support for a variety of projects. I was wondering If I could have some help in getting a parts list together by november for my birthday. My price range is around $300 and I live in an area with open fields where they just harvested corn and beans. I want to also get a small wireless camera I can mount on it for FPV. I got into looking at 6-channel helis for about 6 months and know what most of the part names of a heli are. Also, just curious, how much lift can these helis get when you hold them? My megatech had about 5-10 lbs before it broke. It works but something happens to it as far as control goes. It gets flying for about 3 minutes then looses its control and spirals and crashes, usually breaking blades. I have since taken it apart and used the servos and radio to make an FPV mount. I have no receivers or transmitters, only knowledge about the hobby. Any help on getting a new heli is helpful. Oh and no clones. I prefer to keep stuff genuine ever since I got a new graphics card for my PC that was made by a company who discontinued it a month after I bought it. And yes, I know a lot about PC's and am transferring hobbies. I used to be a part of another site and made many posts on the topics of PSPs and Xboxes. http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index....rofile;u=14489
RyanF is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
eightythree
Registered Users

$300 wouldnt even get ya a new kit.. Then factor price of an entry level transmitter, charger, batteries, tools etc... Best bet would be to shark the forums for good used deals.
The 450pro is a very good heli. I can only comment on 3d flying, not sure about what sort of load ot can handle.

Welcome to the hobby. It can be very addictive and wallet draining for sure!
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
RyanF
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have been in the hobby for a few years but I just started looking at 6ch helis recently. I have talked in the chat here to some people who had clones. He owned some E-razors and said they can use the parts from align helis. It looks like they might not be as bad as I thought they were. The only reason I hated clones was because I was screwed over by a company in the PC fields. It may be different in the heli areas as each hobby has its differences and the bad guy may be better or worse in each one.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #4
Lunar Wolf
Registered Users

Consider getting a good clone line a Tarot 450pro kit - under $150 shipped but your'll still need a good 6ch radio set like a DX6i, servo's, motor, esc, gyro and batteries.

@ $300 you will still be short for a new build but as already said look for a 2nd hand machine.
Lunar Wolf is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
RyanF
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

and don't forget the charger. I have almost nothing for this and my parents are only allowing a small budget. I have seen some on ebay that are ~$170 and $50 for the shipping. They look like the genuine trex helis and have everything but the charger. Do you think those helis are real?
Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
robbancs
Registered Users

I'd also consider getting a single rotor fixed pitch heli first. I know many people here have learnt on collective pitch (6ch) right away. But at the beginning you'll crash a lot, and a fixed pitch heli is super-cheap to fix, it doesn't even break in most light crashes, unlike a 450.
Once you've learnt the basics (it'll be much different from your coax, so you've got much learn), it'll be much easier to move on to a CP heli.
robbancs is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
hydmech
Registered Users

take a look at this tread. the fp 450 is one of the most forgiving helis i have ever flown, and with a cheap tx/rx it fits your budget.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=262663

Tags
fpv, megatech, trex 450

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.