Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Graviteesuks
Registered Users

Default X50 Canopy question

Hi all,

Does anyone know if an X50 canopy will fit on a raptor 30/50 V2 or not?

I really like the shape of the X50 canopy and I'm planning to do a custom paint job on it either way. I would rather have the X50 canopy though.

Thanks, gang! :-)
2 heavily modded mCPXs - Trex 450, FBL, BeastX - Trex 500, FBL, BeastX. - Trex 600 nitro, FBL, BeastX. - Raptor 50 nitro, FBL, BeastX. - Raptor 90 nitro, FBL, BeastX - Raptor E720 FBL Electric, HC3 SX, FPV.
Graviteesuks is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Graviteesuks
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nevermind,

I just found other threads asking the same thing and the answer is that "No" it won't work without a lot of mods but there is a nice FG canopy that's just plain white on amainhobbies for $54 that will fit just fine and has a similar look. I mainly didn't like the "hump" look of the windshield for the paint scheme I have in mind so the FG version will fit the bill quite nicely.

So, if you want the X50 look on your V2, the FB canopy that's made for the V2 comes fairly close, it just doesn't have that drooped section on the bottom with the air scoop in front of the engine.

Thanks!
2 heavily modded mCPXs - Trex 450, FBL, BeastX - Trex 500, FBL, BeastX. - Trex 600 nitro, FBL, BeastX. - Raptor 50 nitro, FBL, BeastX. - Raptor 90 nitro, FBL, BeastX - Raptor E720 FBL Electric, HC3 SX, FPV.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
tr911
Registered Users

I bought that same canopy form heliproz and it fits perfect. It comes with front and rear mounting screws so you can screw it down good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Titan x50 FBL, R50 Titan SE FBL, R50 V2, R30 V2 , Trex500, T-Rex 450x2, mCPx X2,
tr911 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Graviteesuks
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looks good, tr911!

I believe that's the look I want for mine for sure. Thanks for posting the photo, it helps me to visualize what mine will look like after the paint job and graphics.

It's nice and clean looking the way it is though.......hmmmmm......

I also like the simulated look of carbon fiber for the windshield of the new canopy.

I like the looks of the rest of your fleet too!

Cool blades BTW. Did you buy them painted like that or did you paint them yourself?

I noticed the red and blue stripes on the white canopy on the Raptor in the background. An all american pilot eh! :-D Cool! What is the decal of that's on the canopy on the one in the background? (at least it looks like a decal).

Thanks again for posting the photo and for the reply!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
johnbs8
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just a tip for you guys using that setup. youll find that taking the canopy on and off can be a pain with the screw mount setup. aside from that the front will hollow out the mounting posts and eventually the screws will vibrate loose. what i did was put the canopy spacer back in the front instead of the screw posts. used the normal canopy retaining posts in the rear. i then got the X50 canopy clip and X50 skidz and called it done. the newer canoply clip holds the canopy on solid and is easy to pop on and off. the rear retaining posts are snugged on solid and wont blow off in hard flight. the canopy spacer holds the canopy in place with no side to side movement. the X50 skidz are lighter and cheaper $$. in the event a skid breaks you can buy just the skidz instead of the skid n tubes. saves you a few bucks.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
tr911
Registered Users

John can you post us a picture of your canopy setup?

Gravitee, Yup, last count on my "fleet" was 12 as of yesterday evening ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Titan x50 FBL, R50 Titan SE FBL, R50 V2, R30 V2 , Trex500, T-Rex 450x2, mCPx X2,
tr911 is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters