Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
vic7322
Registered Users

Default what is the best tail pitch slider? $$ not issue

Hey fellas, I have a tarot pro and a tail slope issue. I hav at least 5 degrees of slope on my tail. I think it's a factor of my tail wag. I am goin to replace bearings and new tail shaft but I hate the plastic slider bushing crap. Is the align stock slider the way to go or is everyone that fly those nice align helis upgrading theirs to a dual arm pitch slider and metal bell crank? Microheli any good? Some say it's crap and others say its good stuff. I hate to spend 35 bucks to find out it won't work for me.
vic7322 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Tamuflyer
Registered Users

This is in the non 450 pro section. The tail slop question seems to come up every couple of days:

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...66&postcount=6

For the record I have the G-Sun unit with top/bottom ball connections and its not at all "Slopless" but it helps.

The one in that image on that post above looks like it should be rock solid. I also think the one Curtis puts on the rave 450 would be too.
Tamuflyer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Luvmyhelis
Registered Users

Here is the problem. No single ball mounted slider will move without slop. And the tighter ones that come out are brass bushed. They roughly last about 100 flights before the brass starts to hog out and they begin to tip from end to end and chatter on the shaft. I have gone through several different versions of them. Same results. The only way to stabilize them is to have a dual support on the slider. Such as the one on the Microheli version or the G5 as shown below.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
srt4tom
Registered Users

LMH, do you have a link to each of those?
srt4tom is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
vic7322
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That G5 tail setup looks rock solid. It looks like the g5 is the one I want to use. Is it all metal, even those little arms that connect to the tail blade holders? That is great, THanks!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
vic7322
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have the torque tube version, will i be able to take apart this tail assembly and use the align tail case with the g5 bearing holders that screw into the sides of the tail case. I want to make sure I get everything I need before. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
Stevin
Registered Users

can the g5 tail be use on the 450 pro v2?, what has to be modded if anything?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
Luvmyhelis
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4tom View Post
LMH, do you have a link to each of those?
Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted these up. They are both at HeliDirect. http://helidirect.com/rg50499-outrag...tem-p-7390.hdx
The G5 is going for $59 there and $99 everywhere else. There has been a huge demand for these as guys all over are getting fed up with Align and clone tail setups and are changing out to these. So I know for a certainty from talking to them that they are on B.O. I am waiting for two of them as we speak. I am going to rob the slider mech off one and supplant it into my Helihaven raised tail stretch project. The other is going on the tail of my stretch fbl SeV2 6s build.

Even the grips are fantastic. On all the trex and clone grips the design leaves slop in them, Even ceramics with the design have some slop. But the G5 grips have offset sized bearings that are placed farther apart into the grips. I run ceramic interior bearings and the grips are slop free and track spot on.

Satgod, nice link on that slider! I never saw these before until now.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
Bravo52
Registered Users

Speaking of tail slop, where can I get replacement collar screws and collar "B"s for the tail unit without having to buy a whole new unit....

I slung the screw and collar trying to loosen up the slider....

SR (aka Satin),T-Rex 450
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,T-Rex 600,T-Rex 700 3GX
Bravo52 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #10
lcc014
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted these up. They are both at HeliDirect. http://helidirect.com/rg50499-outrag...tem-p-7390.hdx
The G5 is going for $59 there and $99 everywhere else. There has been a huge demand for these as guys all over are getting fed up with Align and clone tail setups and are changing out to these. So I know for a certainty from talking to them that they are on B.O. I am waiting for two of them as we speak. I am going to rob the slider mech off one and supplant it into my Helihaven raised tail stretch project. The other is going on the tail of my stretch fbl SeV2 6s build.

Even the grips are fantastic. On all the trex and clone grips the design leaves slop in them, Even ceramics with the design have some slop. But the G5 grips have offset sized bearings that are placed farther apart into the grips. I run ceramic interior bearings and the grips are slop free and track spot on.

Satgod, nice link on that slider! I never saw these before until now.
Hi, is the G5 a belt drive tail assembly or TT tail assembly ? If it is belt drive, how can we convert it to TT ?
Warp 360, Scorp 1360KV
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Stickey
Registered Users

The microheli was cloned by HDX a LONG time ago. I had it on my first 450 heli - an HDX 450. V3 or something.

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...HDX-450/Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Here is the problem. No single ball mounted slider will move without slop. And the tighter ones that come out are brass bushed. They roughly last about 100 flights before the brass starts to hog out and they begin to tip from end to end and chatter on the shaft. I have gone through several different versions of them. Same results. The only way to stabilize them is to have a dual support on the slider. Such as the one on the Microheli version or the G5 as shown below.
Stickey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
Tamuflyer
Registered Users

Ok I have to say I stand at least partially corrected. I bought two of the G-Sun dual sliders and decided after reading other saying how great they are to install the second. There is pretty much no slop. Nothing is zero slop but its nearly all gone so I am quite happy with that.

I have emailed hobby-wing about this as the first only has 5 flights and is actually worse than when I installed it. We will see if they take care of it.
Tamuflyer is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.