Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
digitalfish
Registered Users

Default simple governor curve question

have a DX7 and the rceg600 align gov. Gove plugged into aux2, aux2 set to aux2. The way I understand it is aux 2 switch on off turns gov on or off (confirmed by the light) should I now setup my curves like I would a governed electric? flat % = headspeed listed in manual for idle up?
MCPX, MCX, DX7
digitalfish is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
lolramen
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No. On a nitro, the governor doesn't read your curves while it's engaged. It simply takes the speed it's supposed to hold, and does its best to keep it there, regardless of what your curves say. However it's a good idea to set your curves to a V shape, so that if the Gov fails you won't red-line your engine. I have both Idle-ups set at 100-55-100. As long as your Gov doesn't fail, you can set your throttle curves to whatever you want between 100 and 30 and it should operate just the same.

Edit: After reading your post again, I'd set your gov gain to coincide with whatever your switch your idle up is (apologies, I know nothing about spektrum systems). That way when you flick it into idle1/2 the signal to the gov will change your head-speed with the idle ups. I don't know if that's actually how it works with your transmitter/receiver though, so someone more educated please speak up.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
digitalfish
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ya the way I have it set now I dont know what my gov gain setting is, I thought that would be my throttle curve. They refer to it as "ATV" in the manual, what does that stand for?
MCPX, MCX, DX7
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
digitalfish
Registered Users

Default found this info

Quote:
JR XP7202 / Spektrum DX-7

The Super Simple Set-Up (provided by Paul Beard)

Calibration procedure:

AUX on TJ/RM plugged into = AUX2(channel 7)on Spektrum RX

Get your throttle ATV's as close to 100/100 as possible.

AUX2 ATV's = 100/100

Go to system menu(INPUT SELECT)and set AUX2 = AUX2 (not INH or Gyro) and GEAR = GYRO

(Your Gyro Gain needs to be plugged into CH5 now.)

Norm throttle curves 0%-100%

Throttle stick and trim at low and AUX2 switch up.

Turn on heli and wait for the quick flash of the Yellow LED on the TJ/RM after the Spektrum Rx initializes and then flip AUX2 switch to down position and wait 2 seconds. You will get the flashing green LED indicating calibration mode. Go to high stick(yellow LED) and then back to low stick(green LED again). Flip AUX2 switch back to high and green LED will go out. Calibration done.

Change System Menu(INPUT SELECT): AUX= INH

PROG.MIX1
AUX2->AUX2
RATE: +76% (this is just a starting value and you will change it to get desired head speed)
-70% (same with this one)
SW: F-S12
OFFSET: 0

This gives Governor off in normal mode and enabled in ST1 and ST2.
AUX2 switch down (1) slow rpm and up (0) high rpm. (70% and 76% in the example)
I found this while looking for an answer and it's not for my gov but wondering if transmitter setup is the same idea. Do I still use one positive number and one negative number for different speeds (in the program mix)? Seems like I wouldn't but again I'm used to electrics
MCPX, MCX, DX7
Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Ozz58
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfish View Post
I found this while looking for an answer and it's not for my gov but wondering if transmitter setup is the same idea. Do I still use one positive number and one negative number for different speeds (in the program mix)? Seems like I wouldn't but again I'm used to electrics

For the DX7.

1. Install the governor per the manual. I'm using a DX7/AR7000 and the yellow sign wire is connected to AUX.
2. Set ATV for AUX2 to +100%/-100%
3. Set throttle curve to linear - 0-INH-50-INH-100
4. With the throttle stick on its lowest position, turn ON the radio.
5. Turn ON receiver and wait for the governor light to turn Green. When it's green, press the SET button on the governor for about 3 seconds until the GOV light starts to blink. Release the SET button then move the throttle stick to its highest position. The GOV light will turn OFF for a second then turn solid GREEN.
At this point, calibration is done. Verify that GOV is sensing the magnet by manually rotating the starter shaft with a 6MM allen wrence or just use your starter shaft. The lights on the GOV should turn OFF when one of the 2 magnets is directly under the sensor. (NOTE: only one of the two magnets should make the GOV light OFF. If you have both of the magnets turn OFF the GOV light, the magnets are installed incorrectly.)
PROGRAMMING THE DX7
1. Go to the master menu. (Press down+select and power ON)
2. Scroll to Input Selct menu and set AUX2 to INH
3. Turn OFF and the turn ON the radio again.
4. Go to the programming menu. (Press down+select)
5. Scroll to PROG.MIX1 menu. We are going to setup here the desired headspeed for Normal mode. Set it to make it look like this:
AUX2> AUX2 ON -- if this says OFF, your flight mode switch is not in normal
RATE: +80% --- for 1882 rpm headspeed If you don't want the gov to work in normal mode you can just put in 0%. This way in normal flight mode you don't have a gov and you will fly using curves...
0%
SW: F-NR
You set your RATE % based on the headspeed you want for normal mode. Refer to the table chart that came with the GOV.
6. Scoll to PROG.MIX2 menu. We are going to setup here the desired headspeed for IDLE1 mode. Set it to make it look like this:
AUX2>AUX2 ON -- if this says OFF, your flight mode switch is not in IDLE1
Rate +90% -- for 2024 rpm headspeed
0%
SW:F-S12
Again, you set your RATE% based on the headspeed you want for IDLE1.
7. Scroll to PROG.MIX3 menu. We are going to setup here the desired headspeed for IDLE2 mode. Set it to make it look like this:
AUX2>AUX2 ON -- if this says OFF, your flight mode switch is not in IDLE2
RATE: +10% -- NOT 100% for 2171 rpm headspeed
0%
SW:F-S2
NOTE: IDLE2 uses the base number from IDLE1 and add it's own value to it. So 90% (from IDLE1) + 10% = 100%
8. Exit programming menu and verify that when you flick the AUX2 switch on your radio, you can turn ON (green) or turn OFF (red) the governor. Take note which way your switch turns the GOV ON/OFF. If necessary, you can reverse AUX2 from the reversing sw. on the radio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
digitalfish
Registered Users

thank you

in order to get step 8 to work don't I need the AUX2 set to AUX2 not to INH in the master menu? It was the only way it worked for me.
MCPX, MCX, DX7

Last edited by digitalfish; 02-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: additional question
Old 02-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
digitalfish
Registered Users

finally got a chance to flight test and it revs very high at 80% in prog mix 1. I kept dropping it today till I got to 40 and maybe it started slowing down but still seems really fast. Is that because the Aux2 is on and adding 100 and therefore need -20 to get to a +80? Or does that make no sense at all and I'm totally lost?
MCPX, MCX, DX7
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
Ozz58
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry, mine was pretty close to the RPMs the book said in my manual. Something must be wrong in the setting. You said something abut not getting setting step 8 being different than mine.

It works great on my radio/gov, so I don't know the problem.

Sorry, You might try making a new channel in your radio and starting for scratch.

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.