Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
anthony1
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default finally got it sorted

so this is the issue i was having, punchout from upright were leiusurely from inverted they were pretty quick( i thought i had less travel one way than the other but i checked and 11 degrees both ways) stationary rolls were good, consistent roll rate and the right speed, stationary flips were hesitant, they seemed to hesitate when vertical and then speed up to catch up on the horizontal plane. also very twitchy in the hover, oops forgot to say that this is flybarless with a beast x, anyway i thought that maybe my head speed was too low so i bought the 16 tooth pinion to give it a try, and all was fine until i tried a flip, it sounded like a low voltage cutoff but as i levelled out the blades started to spool back up, luckily the blades got fast enough before i hit the ground to do any damage, so i decided to investigate, everything was moving in the correct direction and speed ,full collective, no problem so i tried to simulate a flip on the bench and noticed that the elevator servo was slowing down after 2 flips when i gave full collective the elevator was so far behind the swash went to around 25 degress and then after about a second it levelled out, i then stirred both sticks and the elevator stayed almost stationary, so i went to my lhs and replaced the servo, just got back from the field and what a difference its like a totally different heli, punchouts are super fast now, stable in the hover and flips are consistent, seems the servo just seemed to slow down under load, hopefully this will help someone as all seemed fine on the bench but stirring the sticks showed the bad servo
anthony1 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.