START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
HRPuffnstuff
Registered Users

Default Devo 8s update?

Hey guys tonight I flashed my devo 8s to .7/.5 and I noticed that the settings for my saved models changed so I had to go back through them and correct them back to their proper settings. Did you guys have to do the same thing after updating the firmware and library? I do like how much quicker it boots up and shuts down. I also noticed that my v120d02s would bind to the radio with the radio being on first. This is something it refused to do with the other fw.
HRPuffnstuff is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Majic1
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
Hey guys tonight I flashed my devo 8s to .7/.5 and I noticed that the settings for my saved models changed so I had to go back through them and correct them back to their proper settings. Did you guys have to do the same thing after updating the firmware and library? I do like how much quicker it boots up and shuts down. I also noticed that my v120d02s would bind to the radio with the radio being on first. This is something it refused to do with the other fw.
None of my settings changed after the update?

Yes, it boots much quicker, especially if you use fixed id's.

I've never had any binding issues with my D03, but I'm glad the update fixed yours.

Also, transferring model config data to your PC works now if you also update to the latest "Dfuse Update Tool 1.4.1"!
Majic1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
HRPuffnstuff
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looks like I'll be needing to transfer my model settings to the pc just in case they require being restored. That makes it much easier versus manually inputting them again.
HRPuffnstuff is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Majic1
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
Looks like I'll be needing to transfer my model settings to the pc just in case they require being restored. That makes it much easier versus manually inputting them again.
Yes, that's a nice feature. It's bad enough if you only have 1 heli. But, if you have more than 1 model in your Tx, then it's almost essential to have it backed up on your PC. I agree, it makes it much easier than inputing it all again.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Heli-opolis
Registered Users

Having to re-enter model data? Ouch!!!

Can either of you do a quick test for me please?

Be careful when doing this though, if I have the heli and TX bound and I shut off and turn on the TX, the bird will begin to spool up for a brief second.

Can either or preferably both of you try it, again being careful and expecting it to spool up?

I wrote Walkera about the problem once some time ago, after I upgraded from 8 to 8S and not having had the problem before the upgrade.

If the same thing happens to you guys, I'll send them another email suggesting a bit more strongly that they do something.

You could try the same thing by setting the power output to minimum and setting the bird down and walking away until it loses signal but that's kinda sorta a PITA if the bird can be spooled up in hand.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Majic1
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
Having to re-enter model data? Ouch!!!

Can either of you do a quick test for me please?

Be careful when doing this though, if I have the heli and TX bound and I shut off and turn on the TX, the bird will begin to spool up for a brief second.

Can either or preferably both of you try it, again being careful and expecting it to spool up?
Before I attempted this trick, I removed my blades first. And, yes it did spool up for about 2 seconds after turning the Tx back on. I did it a 2nd time and again it spooled up for about 2 seconds.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Majic1
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post

H.O. I was using my Phoenix sim earlier and happened to turn off my Devo, then turn it back on again. It does the same thing in the sim. The blades on the heli spool up for about 2 seconds. Wierd huh?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support