Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

Old 05-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
steven0db
Registered Users

Default HC3 SX Left Sat Port Not Working (SOLVED) but strange

Hi all,
I just recently updated to the new firmware in my HC3 SX and went through the setup process again, at this point I ran into a big problem when I tried to rebind my DSM2 sats. I could not get it to work and noticed that only the right sat would flash after a power cycle. I then did a rebind on another RX and plugged them back in when it all seemed to work.. Then I noticed that if I unplugged the right sat, that the left sat (closest to the PC data port) would still be lit solid but nothing was happening when moving anything on the TX. Reattaching the right sat got everything working again and unplugging the left had no effect on the functioning right sat port. Swapping the 2 sats and introducing others had no effect on the non-functioning left sat port.

So to cut a long story short there is power on the left sat port but there is absolutely no data, and trying to bind or use a prebound sat in this port will not work- only the right port is working.
Has anyone come across this problem? Do you think it has been like this for some time or the firmware update has knocked it out?
Thanks
Steve

Last edited by steven0db; 05-11-2012 at 05:24 AM..
steven0db is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
DEMONjoe
Registered Users

Hi Steve,

sounds to me like too low voltage. Make sure you have min. 5.5V on the system when using sats.
Which firmware do you run currently?

Joachim
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
steven0db
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim HC View Post
Hi Steve,

sounds to me like too low voltage. Make sure you have min. 5.5V on the system when using sats.
Which firmware do you run currently?

Joachim
Voltage is 6 volts via reg and as I have recently upgraded the firmware it's version 116

Why would a low voltage condition effect the sat data on the left port only and not the right???
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
DEMONjoe
Registered Users

Cause then there would not be enough power throught the system to the sats.

What you could try is bind both sats on the main receiver (in case you have one, this deletes the bind settings from the HC) and then try once again.
Make sure that you use the correct pulsrate, so in case you bind DSMX, use 11ms pulserate in the Tx. If you bind DSM2 use 22ms.

Except for that, I am running out of ideas for now, sorry.

Joachim
Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
steven0db
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

In my first post I mention the only way to get it working is to bind both sats on an external receiver.
1 - I then install them on the HC3 SX
2 - I turn the transmitter on and both sats light solid and everything works
3 - unplug the right sat and nothing works even though the left sat still has a solid light
4 - Plug the right sat back in and unplug the left sat and everything works fine
Conclusion - there appears to be no data on the left sat port on the HC3 SX after the firmware update to 116.
Note - left sat port is the one closest to the PC data port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim HC View Post
Cause then there would not be enough power throught the system to the sats.

What you could try is bind both sats on the main receiver (in case you have one, this deletes the bind settings from the HC) and then try once again.
Make sure that you use the correct pulsrate, so in case you bind DSMX, use 11ms pulserate in the Tx. If you bind DSM2 use 22ms.

Except for that, I am running out of ideas for now, sorry.

Joachim
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
DEMONjoe
Registered Users

Hi Steve,

I just tried what you explained above, bound the receivers on the HC in DSMX 11ms mode, both work and signals are on the Diagnose page. Detached the right one, still works, signals are there. Attach it again and detach the left one (which would not work for binding with only one sat!), and it still works.

Joachim

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support