START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Orangephoner
Registered Users

Default maybe motor or ESC???

So i recently crashed one of my SR's. i just rebuilt it, it wasnt to bad in damages. so i just took it to the park to test it out and it was acting strange. i would spool up and i could have it at full throttle and it would just sit there and the blades are spinning way fast but no take off. then all of the sudden after a few seconds of sitting there it would jump into the air real fast and after that it would fly fine. it seemed like i had to give it a little more throttle for everything tho. so what do you all think is wrong? the only thing i did differently on rebuild was i stiffend up the head with the dampeners and put extra rings in there. is my pitch way off now?
any ideas?

Last edited by Orangephoner; 06-16-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Orangephoner is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
dcarboni
Registered Users

I too have 2 sr's one flies great the onther one doe's exactlly what you describe i'm currently going trough and redoing setup from servos up, centering servo arms checking links leveling swash i have found a lot of things way off. You may want to do the same thing, i did it with my other one because i bought it wrecked for $65.00 so when i got done it flies great!
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Orangephoner
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ill have to go thru and check. That's funny tho cause I bought my 2 nd sr on ebay wrecked for 70 and it flys the best. Ha very similar

Christian
Old 06-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
olemil
Registered Users

Make sure your main shaft collar is tight and installed correctly, aka you can't grab the head and pull the main shaft up and down. Also make sure your mixer arms and blade grips are installed properly and not binding. Unplug your main and tail motors and cycle your throttle up and down to see what is going on. I included a pic of what your mixer arms should look like.

Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, DJI Flamewheel F450 w/Naza/GPS, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
DKS_ONE
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 to the main shaft collar!
DX8
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DKS_ONE is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Orangephoner
Registered Users

Well I checked the collar and I had to move it down more. But it still isn't taking off or flying well. I'm going to check the flybar paddles and the pitch. Mayb it doesn't have enough positive pitch?

Christian
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
Jumna
Registered Users

Get yourself a pitch gauge if you don't have one already. You can eyeball it for zero and see if high/low look equivalent, but a gauge is so much better. +/- 10 is good.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
Orangephoner
Registered Users

What is a good pitch gauge for the sr?

Christian
Old 06-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #9
olemil
Registered Users

If you want to spend the money, this is a well built gauge and has an insert to use on smaller blades like the SR.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, DJI Flamewheel F450 w/Naza/GPS, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #10
Velislide
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11044

1.50$ for the same thing, I have one and works fine.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
olemil
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velislide View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11044

1.50$ for the same thing, I have one and works fine.
Just to clarify, the two gauges both check the blade pitch but they are not the same thing.

Last edited by olemil; 06-17-2012 at 04:32 AM..
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
dcarboni
Registered Users

you can go into swash menu go to pitch unplug motor and tail motor then plug in battery, then dial in more neg in pitch and you can watch the swash move down all three servos will move. It sounds like your swash is too high possibly hitting the top anyway i have had to do this before after a rebuild because it wanted to lift off the ground at 3/4 stick and i like mine to rise at 1/4 stick. a lot of guys run at -36 i'm running at about -43. Good luck!!
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
Orangephoner
Registered Users

So the one from hk fits the sr good? How is the quality of it?

Christian
Old 06-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
GSPI
Registered Users

I have one in my Heli tool kit that looks like the one from HK and it fits the standard SR blades fine.
GSPI is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
Orangephoner
Registered Users

so i am still super stumped about my SR. i just tryed flying it agian and its doing the same thing i was adjusting the pitch to see if that helped but it didnt. but this time while flying the tail went crazy and pushed to the right. i toned it down but its still not flying right. it will start hovering about an inch above the ground at almost full throttle and then later it will shoot up in the air and it will only need about half throttle to hover at 6 feet up. the crash i mentioned earlyer was pretty much all on the nose. it actually broke the nose of the heli off and put my battery out of use. i had to buy a new battery. do you think the esc somehow got messed up? or the motor?
thank you for any replies.
this can be stressful
Old 06-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
GSPI
Registered Users

A hard crash can cause the ESC to fail or act erratic according to HH. However, I really would be looking at a mechanical issue though based on what you are saying. It almost sounds like the swash plate is losing it's inner plate position causing swash separation and then reseating itself when in the air. I would closely check that swashplate.
GSPI is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
Jumna
Registered Users

Look at the swash & the servo movements, if the main gear doesn't have any play. It's possible the main gear's screw is busted & it's slipping there, or even maybe a loose motor pinion gear....

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
olemil
Registered Users

So when the SR jumps into the air, does the head or motor speed change or is it just a change in the linkage (pitch)? That should eliminate any thoughts of the ESC being bad or pinion slipping, but if something sounds like it is changing rpms, you have more work to do for sure.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #19
Orangephoner
Registered Users

No it doesn't change rpms I don't think. Its almost sounding like the swash. Ill have to check when I get home. But more suggestions always welcome

Christian

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR