Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
rcboosted
Registered Users

Default H50038 Rudder Servo Mount on 450

In my last crash, the paddle managed to wack the 9650 and killing it in the process on my 450, so I decided it's time to mount the tail servo lower just like the gyro. Since the rundder servo mount for the 500 fits with 9650, I thought about using that for my 450. I actually just need the CF bracket, I'll be using the 450 servo mount. Do you guys think this will work?

Here's an idea, fireup, cut up some CF brackets for the 450 so it sits lower on the boom then start selling it! I want 50% of the profit!
rcboosted is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

You could try what I do...

I too wiped out a servo way back

THen what I started doing is bundling up the extra servo wire and heat shrinking it and then shoe goo'ing it to the right side of the servo level with the bottom plate of the servo. This acts like a deflector / shock absorber. I have yet to wack a tail servo after doing this but a few crashes you can see where the paddle hit the wire bundle.

Here is the best pic I could find that I have and it kind of shows the idea.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
rcboosted
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looks like a good idea, takes care of the extra wires too, which is just bundled up on the frame currently. But I rather have it not get hit at all.

I called Futaba, they took care of my servo free of charge!
rcboosted is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.