Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Duralite

Duralite Duralite Battery Li-Ion Li-Mn Chargers Support Forum

Old 09-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Degzie
Registered Users

Default R50se & Fury tempest what do I need Please i'm confused?

Hello everybody.

I would like to ask some quick questions regardeing Duralites.

I have a Fury tempest (all digital servos), I see you all using the 4000mah flat packs, what regulator do you use for this set-up 5.1v or 5.3v? do you use the duralite HD switch harness?

I also have a Raptor 50se/hyper, wow what a bird, I would like to equip this little monster with duralites too, I am running all digital 8311's ( regeared to respond faster) and a new GY611 gyro, this set-up allows my current sanyo ni-cd 2400mah around 30 mins before the tail starts to drift, would it be reasonable to assume that a similar set-up to the fury would perform well?

I am also looking at the charger, 3 way if anybody has any opinions, they would be most welcome.

Please accept my thanks in advance for you taking time out to reply.

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
DavidH

My HF Map location

I will suggest the following.

4000 mah Flat packs
5.3 Volt Regulator with HD safety switch
3 + 1 charger

You will also need the volt tester. If you already have a voltage tester that will apply a 1 amp load like the Futaba tester. Then that will work also.

You might want to get the 2800 mah pack for the Raptor 50. But truthfully the 2800 pack only weighs 1 oz less than the 4000. So I would get the 4000 pack.

http://www.duralitebatteries.com/batteries-ion.html

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
Degzie
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey David thank you,

I ordered....
x2 4000mah rx packs.
x1 11.1 Tx pack.
x2 5.3 HD switched regulators.
x1 3 way charger.
x1 load tester.

Total $566. plus shipping, I hope its worth it

Thanks again.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
Bonsai
Registered Users

I have been running this same combo here in kuwait for the past year...Man you will be so happy with it....And you will be glad you are doing the TX also...
Dean
Knights of ERL--X Group
Team ERQ
Bonsai is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #5
Degzie
Registered Users

Bonsai, hi man,

I just gotta get over to see you some time soon, what days do you guys fly?

Old 09-15-2005, 06:11 AM   #6
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

It is worth it Degzie! I have been running Duralites for almost 3 years, and I have bought over 2-3K+ worth which is ALL still working AWESOME except one pack I crash killed, and one TX pack that developed a weak cell and was replaced for free. (It was one of the original 9Z packs without the balancer circuit). I have the glow igniter that gets VERY heavy use by all my friends at events and at the field. I charge it every month or so whether it needs it or not. I recently sent back 3 regulators that had been crashed for checkout and re-tuning and it was free and fast. Customer service is priority 1 with Duralite and that speaks volumes about their products with me.

Overall I wish the rest of the electronics in the heli and especially glow motors were this reliable. In the same time period I have been running the Duralites, I have been through about 6 motors, 2 601's, 4 or 5 149DP RX's, a few 9252's and quite a few airframes. Duralites have been and continue to be one of the best R/C investments I have ever made. They are not cheap, but the safety and satisfaction level they help you achieve with your helis and flying is without question WELL WORTH the $$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you fly you are going to crash.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Not again!!!
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #7
Degzie
Registered Users

Just like to say thanks for all the great advise you guys gave.

My packs, regulators, charger & tester arrived, a little late but I think it had someting to do with the weather in the states.

Everything was well packed & arrived as expected, one thing that will catch some people out though was that one of the two switched regulators had the wrong plug on the test lead, it should be a male, it turned out to be a socket, no problem I just added an extra plug on to the tester, I now have a plug & socket tester, whatever.!

Just wanted to say I'm very happy & am looking forwards to many many happy flights with my new set-up.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:15 AM   #8
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

Did you hook up the regulator correctly? I hvae never heard of them coming withthe wrong connector. Be sure tocheck the instructions and make sure it is hooked up right.

If you fly you are going to crash.
Not again!!!
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #9
Degzie
Registered Users

I'll post a photo, soon.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Duralite

Duralite Duralite Battery Li-Ion Li-Mn Chargers Support Forum