Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
adam crosby
Registered Users

Default Gaui 550 Carbon Frame $78! Infinityhobby.com

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/index.php?cPath=197

Cheap, one of you blokes must want this!

Adam
adam crosby is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
bobbybe
Registered Users

good deal but i'm waiting for the much improved highly anticipated fantastically designed impecably detailed custom made headhunter frame by wazzer!! just imagine... beefed up owb shaft bearings... direct to swash servo connections.... stronger cf.... bigger battery mount... uh oh better check my pantaloones
bobbybe is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Emphaser
Registered Users

Sweet, thx for the link. Guess I'll replace my crappy plastic frame ... will I need to buy anything else, or am I able to place all parts of the old frame into this nasty CF frame?

M
Emphaser is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Flyextreme
Registered Users

That's the frame I already have. But, at that price, I may get one just for all the spare parts.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
mjdee14
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
That's the frame I already have. But, at that price, I may get one just for all the spare parts.

That's a good deal......it would cost $80 just to replace the sides......cost me 40 just for the smaller outboard sides....

Two retired Gaui 550 hurricanes (Sold)
mjdee14 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 AM   #6
Emphaser
Registered Users

Heeelp Do I need to buy anything more than this frameset - or can I use all the parts of the plastic frame?

M
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #7
kahn10
Registered Users

straight swap fella.....
kahn10 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
Wazzer
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man this Sucks!!!
Thats a cheap frame set

I wouldnt buy it. its obviously rubbish at that price!

In my opinion you get what you pay for!

I would go get one of those remarkably good value high spec Head Hunter Frames if i were you.
Wazzer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
Flyextreme
Registered Users

Just because it's marked down, doesn't make it crap. I got a full CNC alum GAUI head for $130 (reg. price $289).....does that means it's crap just because I paid less?...I think not....and,yes, you "usually" do get what you pay for....but sometimes, it's just a good price.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
mysticmead
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Just because it's marked down, doesn't make it crap. I got a full CNC alum GAUI head for $130 (reg. price $289).....does that means it's crap just because I paid less?...I think not....and,yes, you "usually" do get what you pay for....but sometimes, it's just a good price.
simmer down... ben was (in his British/Island way) being funny... saying that you shouldn't buy that frame...you should buy HIS frame...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
mCX-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

# 901271-

mysticmead is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
Emphaser
Registered Users

Duh! Already bought & shipped, gosh I am so excited Additionally feel free to send me your CF frame, come on, I'll give it a try.

M
Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
bobbybe
Registered Users

i have the cf frame and, while it is a definite step up from plastic, it still has its issues.... it's not really condusive for hard 3d because the bearings are constantly "evaporating" and the push/pull and servo offset system could be improved (ie- slop, sticking levers, etc...). also, it's a little long, which makes it hard to find a proper cog and leads to un-axial rolls. that's why i'm uprgading to a hh frame!

(ok ben i did the add.... can i get the 50% off now like you said? lol )

seriously tho, i'm definitely exited about the improvements on bens frame! time to make a tt
Old 06-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #13
mysticmead
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ben's frame will be a welcome addition to all aftermarket parts for the Hurri...for a couple reasons... one... there are very few aftermarket parts available...and two... his frame design corrects a LOT of the minor issues with the Gaui CF frame....and I do mean MINOR issues with the Gaui frame. like Bobby said, it'll make it easier to find COG, and that leads to smoother 3D flight... plus it's designed to hold a much bigger battery (believe it was a 4000mah 6s) should you choose to go that route,,, not to mention the frame stiffeners built in, as well as the bigger bearings above and below the OWB...

heck, all Ben needs to do now is make it belt driven and redesign the gear train a little...then design the rest of the heli...and market his own complete 550...

-
mCX-
-

# 901271-

mysticmead is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
FlyawayClyde
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmead View Post
Ben's frame will be a welcome addition to all aftermarket parts for the Hurri...for a couple reasons... one... there are very few aftermarket parts available...and two... his frame design corrects a LOT of the minor issues with the Gaui CF frame....and I do mean MINOR issues with the Gaui frame. like Bobby said, it'll make it easier to find COG, and that leads to smoother 3D flight... plus it's designed to hold a much bigger battery (believe it was a 4000mah 6s) should you choose to go that route,,, not to mention the frame stiffeners built in, as well as the bigger bearings above and below the OWB...

heck, all Ben needs to do now is make it belt driven and redesign the gear train a little...then design the rest of the heli...and market his own complete 550...
And I bet with the modifications He has made and then the new design.
I would buy one of those kits, and fly the $%!^ out of it.......
FlyawayClyde is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #15
Wazzer
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
simmer down... ben was (in his British/Island way) being funny... saying that you shouldn't buy that frame...you should buy HIS frame...
Thanks Mystic

Sorry Flyextreme it was in fact an attempt at sarcasm that obviously didnt quite work out!!

There is nothing actually wrong with the Gaui frame i just think mine is better!

That is a very good price, when these first became available they were close to $300usd!!

Cheers

Ben
Old 06-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
Wazzer
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Great minds Mystic!!

i dont want to give too much away at this very very early stage but there is already a belt drive frame set on the drawing board. But it really is a very very early rough design at the moment. wont be ready to dhow you guys for a while yet.

I would love to be able to produce my very own helicopter and with the advent of Flybarless Gyros i dont have to design a flybar head!!

So my first full Heli will definitley be Flybarless!

Cheers All

Ben
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #17
bobbybe
Registered Users

ooooh a belt drive would be awesome! quiet and simple. less bearings to go byebye
Old 06-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #18
Flyextreme
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzer View Post
Thanks Mystic

Sorry Flyextreme it was in fact an attempt at sarcasm that obviously didnt quite work out!!

There is nothing actually wrong with the Gaui frame i just think mine is better!

That is a very good price, when these first became available they were close to $300usd!!

Cheers

Ben
I went back and re-read.....now I see thae sarcasm....I guess

And, by the way, mine is better.

Peace-out
Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #19
Flyextreme
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybe View Post
ooooh a belt drive would be awesome! quiet and simple. less bearings to go byebye
I was considering the Protos just for that reason.....so smoooooth.....so quiet. The Trex 600 is next on the list though.....maybe....I dunno.....too many choices....we'll see.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
bobbybe
Registered Users

i think if i get another helicopter it's going to be a logo 400 or 500. those things are sweet!! (hint hint ben- good place for inspiration concerning a belt drive... i see that your direct to swash setup is somewhat similar to a logo's and we all know how good those helis are!)

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550