Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Old 07-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #41
ZiD
Registered Users

My fury 55 arrived today..

Any more build videos soon ??
Rave 450
ZiD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #42
Down Low
Registered Users

Sorry, I couldn't help my self.

MAAC #85462
Down Low is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #43
Finless
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry for the delays guys.... Life got in the way again for a little bit. I got some vids shot on servo setup / head setup but not done enough yet to post those. I should be getting a bunch up this week though. I want to get this thing done as I want to take it to IRCHA so I may have to take a vacation day or 2. In my job since I am involved with supporting launching new products CRUNCH time always comes in spurts and it has been one of those crunch times. Heck my Boss even asked me if I would delay my vacation to go to IRCHA. Had to say no this time around.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #44
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have been in WINDOWS HELL this week...

As some of you noticed or maybe not, I have not been around much the last 3 days. Been freakin rebuilding my PC again due to a Windows update issue and freakin MS licensing. They wanted me to PAY for another version of Windows 7 because I have reinstalled over 10 times in the last 6 months... BS... Finally got through that but had to do a full reinstall again... Been a total pain.

My windows install got hosed because of me and my desire to HACK stuff and tweak to my liking. Something I did would not allow windows updates to work and MAN... tried everything including letting a Windows guy from MS get on my PC which I NEVER have had to do before. In the end a FULL install was required. The reason I had problems was because I had a Win7 upgrade CD not a retail and after scraping my disk of all versions of windows it would not work. Had to deal with MS for HOURS to convince them I was upgrading still... BS....

Its been HELL and once again I am super behind on videos because of it

Bob

Old 07-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #45
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Anyway... I WILL get this build done in the next week as I want this heli at IRCHA... It's a PROMISE....

Bob

Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #46
ZiD
Registered Users

And that's why we make pirate copies of software hehe NAH, support the software developers....

well my fury is almost done now. gyro installation and mounting the boom struts. then it's time for maiden..
if the freaking weather gets better. 11 celsius, rain and windy.. that's a perfect summer in the northern part of Norway. hehe..
Rave 450
ZiD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #47
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well I am not a pirate but I do expect things to work when I want to reinstall..... Seems this online product activation thing has not got everything figured out and honestly pisses me off... I did get through it but it was many calls and argueing...

Bob

Old 07-24-2010, 02:51 AM   #48
Vla
Registered Users

Don't worry Bob, take your time. I only hope you make your self clear and the next time you need a reinstall you won't have to argue with them again.

Vla is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:02 AM   #49
HeliBenj
Registered Users

I know its not the topic and I don't want to start anything, but I've never been in windows hell again since since I bought a mac. So nice when everyting just works
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #50
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Alright guys... VERY sorry for all the delays. I am going to do videos all day today and tomorrow if needed to finish the heli. I really want this done for IRCHA and this is the last weekend to do it!

Bob

Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #51
marty_one
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sweet, nice to know that you are so dedicated to doing your build series. im really looking forward to seeing the rest of the build. I really do enjoy watching them. thanks heaps.
marty_one is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #52
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

8 videos posted! Sorry for the long delay of a few weeks. Wanted this ready for IRCHA so had to spend last weekend going for it and focusing on the build. More to come this week!

Videos posted:
Servo setup, Head build and setup, tail assembly build.

A few more to do.... Throttle servo setup, tail rotor setup with the Align 780, and electronics placement. It's tight for IRCHA but I think I can make it. If not some may be shot at IRCHA

Bob

Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #53
HeliBenj
Registered Users

Hi Bob, thanks for the vids

Link for bag 6 part 1 doesn't seem to work for me
Same for last link
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #54
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliBenj View Post
Hi Bob, thanks for the vids

Link for bag 6 part 1 doesn't seem to work for me
Same for last link
Sorry... links should be fixed!

Bob

Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #55
DbyMA
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Bob, The link for Bag 3 & 4 Part 4 reads as bag3_4_part5.wmv, where it needs to be bag3_4_part4.wmv. Keep up the good work, cheers Mac.

Last edited by DbyMA; 08-04-2010 at 03:34 AM.. Reason: grammar
DbyMA is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #56
jschief
Registered Users

My HF Map location

bag3_4_part4.wmv does not work. Need fixing. Can not wait for Ircha to see your version of the fury.
E325 Mini Titan
AMA #855806
jschief is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #57
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sorry yet another link typo. I fixed bag 3&4 part 4 link.

Bob

Old 08-06-2010, 01:39 AM   #58
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK so I am not going to finish the videos before leaving for IRCHA Saturday morning the 7th at 4:00 AM.

BUT I am bringing everything with me so I will do the remaining videos at CAMP HELIFREAK at IRCHA! Should be fun actually! Something different to mix it up a bit...

There are too many people that have asked me to fly my Fury at IRCHA that I HAVE to finish it
So the vids will be shot Monday / Tuesday as I finish the bird.....

I will see if Will James internet connection and my old laptop have the ability to compress and process the videos at IRCHA and post them while there. Otherwise they will be posted on my return

Bob

Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #59
dxtarl
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Bob did you finish up this fury 55 at IRCHA?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #60
mrcasey69
Registered Users

love to hear how the heli finished up/
mrcasey69 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos