Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default DSMx vs DSM2

Did some simple experiments on DX8 and AR8000 pair to check DSM2 compatibility of DSMx enabled equipment, and it looks 100% compatible, as claimed, meaning DSMx has a full DSM2 functionality build into it.

When AR8000 is bound to DX8 in DSM2 mode, I can cycle the Rx power and the familiar brownout alarm comes on. This is because DSM2 Rx stores in the flash memory the two channels that the Tx has last selected. When powering up, the Rx checks if the Tx is operating on the same 2 channels as last time. If not, everything is OK and the new channels get stored in the flash memory. If yes, the Rx concludes that it has gone through a brownout and it activates the flashing brownout indicator.

Since DSMx implements channel hopping (it selects 23 channels out of available spectrum, based on Tx GUI), there is no last 2 channel memory, so in DSMx mode the brownout indicator is gone; I have cycled the Rx power to confirm it, and logically, no brownout indicator appeared.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP